I recently started a new job and thus new project. I suggested Katalon as a new tool for test automation and my boss gave the go to try it out.
Going through my first script i ran into a big problem - the software to test uses iframes, and i can’t seem to make them work with Katalon.
While recording or using the Object Spy i can capture the objects inside the iframe, but then during execution of the test, or when using “Verify and highlight” Katalon fails to detect and identify the objects.
I did some research here, read a few threads on the forum but neither solved my problem. I referred to https://www.katalon.com/resources-center/tutorials/handling-iframe-issue/ for help but for some reason the interface of my object spy is nothing like the one shown in this guide. I am using Katalon 5.4.2 Build 1.
FYI, when using the Katalon Automation plugin for Chrome i can record and run my script, but when imported to Katalon studio it fails to identify the iframe objects again.
I can provide some code or screenshots if needed. This is very important, please if you know how to solve such an issue, let me know!