Can't capture similar items

Hi, While we where using Katalon 5.0.1 we were able to capture “similar” items as different objects but with new versions (5.2.0 and 5.3.0) the recorder overwrites the information of the item instead of creating a new object.

For example this buttons overwrite instead of being captured as different objects.
All the images have the same properties, except for the location (Xpath and location on screen):

Could you be supporting capturing “similar” objects in the newer versions?

images.jpg

Johnny Arias said:

Hi, While we where using Katalon 5.0.1 we were able to capture “similar” items as different objects but with new versions (5.2.0 and 5.3.0) the recorder overwrites the information of the item instead of creating a new object.

For example this buttons overwrite instead of being captured as different objects.
All the images have the same properties, except for the location (Xpath and location on screen):

Could you be supporting capturing “similar” objects in the newer versions?

‘Similar properties’ used to be a problem rather than an improvement of current Recorder in the past because there are many web applications build their objects using the same properties like yours in login pages.

Our recorder can’t record them correctly, so that’s why we have to fix this. If we apply capturing similar items back, then the previous problems will actually be displayed again

Ok, thanks so much for the information.
I just tested our case with Katalon 5.3 and with the option to “check” what property are enable (only enable Xpath) to identify the Captured Objets we are able to solve our problem.

I tried to only keep the xpath attribute, it can capture first element and if I verify and highlight the object, it can find the only one element.
But if I want to capture another similar one, it will fail…

Could you explain what other things you did for Katalon can figure out this two are different.

Hello,
I got same problem with Katalon 7.4.0 as when I interact with similar html elements (having same icon), recorder creates an object for the first action, and then uses same Object for different elements when clicking on them.
I created a post yesterday at this subject : Similar objects are confused by WebRecorder, even with different html IDs

It seem to me a bug for me to consider html elements having different id to be the same Object in Katalon. Don’t you think so @Zarashima ?

@Johnny_Arias & @kz0uat did you find a way to use recorder with this strange behavior ?