Can I create a table from excel data using ExcelKeywords

I can create a spreadsheet using ExcelKeywords.createExcelFile and add data to it with no issues. I have a user that asked if I can create a “table” from some of that data. In Excel on can do the following:

1. Select a cell within your data.
  2. Select Home > Format as Table.
  3. Choose a style for your table.
  4. In the Format as Table dialog box, set your cell range.
  5. Mark if your table has headers.
  6. Select OK.

Can these steps be duplicated in a Katalon test script somehow using ExcelKeywords?

I understand that you tried to use this class & method

and you wrote that you were successful.

Now I am surprised. I believe that you are the 1st person who tried to create/write/update a *.xlsx file within Katalon Studio.

I believe that most of Katalon users use ExcelKeywords for only reading *.xlsx files which were created outside of Katalon Studio somehow (possibly using Microsoft Excel app). They would never create/edit/manipulate *.xlsx files in Katalon Studio at all. I can not imagine why you want to do it.

I don’t know. I will never try to do it inside Katalon Studio.

If I need to update a sheet in a *.xlsx file, I would do it in Microsoft Excel app manually. I may use the famous Record a Macro feature using VBA. I would never try to replicate it in Katalon Studio.

I know, the ExcelKeyword provided by Katlaon is just a thin wrapper of Apache POI. Possibly you might be able to replicate your GUI interation steps using POI; but I guess it would be a nightmare. Please do not ask me how.

Understood. The reason I write data to an Excel spreadsheet it to gather performance data on numerous page loads. Basically I have a web page “A” with many links. Then I select each one of those links and capture the time to load page “B”. Once the page “B” is loaded and additional data is captured from the URL, I go back to page “A” and continue the process until all the individual URLs, (“B” pages), are accessed. The time for each secondary page load is then captured in the spreadsheet for analysis.

Thanks for your input.

I have ever done similar performance measurements in Katalon Studio. Let me show you what I did:

Documentation

My library “Timekeeper” helps me recording time duration data, calcurating average, compiling report in Markdown format. I do not need Excel at all.