Bug after generating PDF

while i was running a test suite in Jenkins i saw an issue after the build has completed. btw the report was generated successfully to PDF but katalon seems has a bug somewhere especially after generating a PDF. This issue did not appear when generating to other available formats : html,csv,junit…

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser fatalError
SEVERE: Error parsing styled text.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 110; The entity name must immediately follow the ‘&’ in the entity reference.
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEntityReference(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser.parse(JRStyledTextParser.java:224)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser.getStyledText(JRStyledTextParser.java:257)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextElement.getStyledText(JRFillTextElement.java:621)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextElement.getText(JRFillTextElement.java:639)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextField.prepare(JRFillTextField.java:791)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillElementContainer.prepareElements(JRFillElementContainer.java:352)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillFrame.prepare(JRFillFrame.java:243)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillElementContainer.prepareElements(JRFillElementContainer.java:352)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.fill(JRFillBand.java:421)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.fill(JRFillBand.java:396)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBand(JRVerticalFiller.java:2028)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:752)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportContent(JRVerticalFiller.java:279)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:123)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:558)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.BaseReportFiller.fill(BaseReportFiller.java:414)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.fillSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:746)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRSubreportRunnable.run(JRSubreportRunnable.java:58)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.AbstractThreadSubreportRunner.run(AbstractThreadSubreportRunner.java:216)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Hi @chaker,

Can you share us the execution.log files?

Thanks

Hi duyluong

katalon log file

Jenkins logfile

please note that when i use katalon jenkins plugin the build get stuck it does not finish in the end (only after generating pdf)

, so thats why i changed back to windows batch command line there it does not get stuck because in the end of the build it quit katalon (exit0) so the build pass and when i checked the build log i saw the error then we understand why it was stuck on katalon jenkins pnugin

Kind Regards

any update @duyluong ?

i am still encountering a lot of errors while generating PDF, in can see them in Jenkins log
Please check the log + pdf report below :

Hi @chaker,

For the first issue, please update KS to v6.3.2 and reload your plugin. We have updated new version of the Basic Report plugin.

We will investigate if the second issue still occurs on new release.

Thanks

Hi @duyluong

I checked on version 6.3.1 and the errors are still occuring. I will download 6.3.2 and let you know about the result. Thanks mate

Hi @duyluong

I confirm the issue is fixed in last version 6.3.2, no errors appearing anymore. The PDF report is generating successfully without problems.
Thank you very much :slight_smile: much effort are being done by katalon team…much appreciated you are doing all a great job

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.