Browser won't Close automatically when calling another browser (Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.3.4)

Hi, this is a major issue for us that breaks a lot of my test cases. Suppose Katalon will close browser automatically when calling into another test case.
Is there any way I can change this behavior? If not, how quickly can this issue be corrected?

Hi @adriantey09

There is a utility in not automatically closing the driver such as you want to investigate why your test fails at that screen. You would want to do that manually instead of having Katalon Studio automatically closes it for you. Try calling closeBrowser before callTestCase.

I would take this suggestion back to the team, but I can’t promise anything yet.

Cheers !

Urm… I think there is as i have no failures in previous katalon version from 2.2 - 3.3 and i’ve maintained my test cases run smoothly for 3 months. Or the update has changed the keywords?

Hi @adriantey09

You didn’t mention your script was working fine, so I thought you were making suggestions. Could you verify that this behavior is exclusive in the newest version ? In older versions callTestCase automatically closed browser for you ?

Cheers !

Yep. Let me explained an example in my situation in previous version, so i have TESTCASE_1 and TEST_CASE2 containing open browser as first action and there was no close browser as last action.
TEST_CASE2 CALLED FROM TEST_CASE1, obviously the last step of TESTCASE_1 will be calling to TEST_CASE2. I’m suspecting since there is two open browser in both test cases, katalon found that TEST_CASE1 does not containing closed browser as last action so it automatically triggers the web to close browser before proceeding to TEST_CASE2.

1 Like

Hi @adriantey09

Just curious, can you post the full console log of this error ? What was your reasoning that this problem was caused by drivers not automatically closed ?

close.txt (80.5 KB)

sure no probs!

Cheers!

Hi @adriantey09

I found the problem. We will fix this as soon as possible, for now please try the previous version of Katalon. I will keep you posted when this is fixed. Thanks for reporting !

Cheers !

1 Like

Alright thanks a lot!

Cheers !

This has been fixed in version 7.0.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.