Azure devops pipeline macos - recording failed test video isn't capturing browser

I’m executing tests on Azure DevOps Pipeline with MacOS - I want to record failed tests. A video is recorded, but when I download and view the video from Katalon TestOps website, it’s just an empty MacOS desktop for the duration of the video.

Screenshots of failed steps in the test are working with no problems, and my tests on Windows with Azure DevOps Pipeline are recording video just fine.

If you guys have any idea of how I can get video recording working on MacOS please let me know.

Hi @jeanie.conner, please give us some details on how the tests were executed.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I’m running the tests using chrome (NOT headless). Here’s an example of a task from the yaml file used by azure devops pipeline (anything with a $ is getting replaced by azure with the appropriate values). I’m using the macos-latest azure-hosted agent, the details of which can be found here.

• task: katalonTask@0
    displayName: ‘Katalon Connected Services Test Suite’
    continueOnError: true
    inputs:
    version: ‘7.3.0’
    executeArgs: -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath="$(System.DefaultWorkingDirectory)/katalon-ui-test/Shobosso/Shobosso238.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Connected Services” -browserType=“Chrome” -executionProfile=“gsuite” -apiKey="$(katalon-api-key)" --config -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true

If there’s anything else helpful I can provide, please let me know. Thanks!

• Jeanie

Hi Lewis, I appreciate your commenting on my thread, but I don’t think your comments are relevant to this discussion. I am using Katalon, not Visual Studio or other nunit related tests.

I’m using Katalon to run the tests - the above task is for executing Katalon, and video is being recorded and uploaded to the Katalon analytics site. My problem is that the recording is showing an empty desktop with no browser window only when I execute with Katalon on the MacOS agent using azure devops pipeline, using the windows agent. the recording shows the browser and execution jsut fine.

Any additional thoughts on this? Any more information I can provide? I’m still having the problem with 7.5.1.
Thanks!

• Jeanie