Automate Web-App implemented with vue.js and ag-Grid

Hey folks,

I acutal try to automate an web-application implemented with vue.js (https://vuejs.org/) and ag-grid (https://www.ag-grid.com/javascript-grid-testing/#gsc.tab=0). I actual have trouble with locate the UI-elements and sync the test run, so that I don’t get error messages like this:

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_Login/button_Login’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/Page_Login/button_Login’ located by ‘By.xpath: //button[count(. | //[contains(.,‘Login’)]) = count(//[contains(.,‘Login’)])][count(. | //[@type = ‘submit’]) = count(//[@type = ‘submit’])]’ not found)

Had anyone automated an application like this with Katalon and could share experiences or ideas?

Thanks very much,
Sven

The most difficult part is to access the table and cell contents designed with ag-grid.

The most difficult part is to access the table and cell contents designed with ag-grid.

I have problem with vuejs too.

I have problems too, i started to use this solution:

1. in script view, i create steps do dynamically set values on a dynamic field
  2. First, create element:
    TestObject dynamicObject = new TestObject(‘Object Repository/Page/dynamicObject’).addProperty(‘name’, com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ConditionType.EQUALS, ‘nome_do_solicitante’, true)
  3. Trigger click event:
    WebUI.click(dynamicObject)
  4. Reuse the dynamic field to other cenarios:
    dynamicObject = WebUI.modifyObjectProperty(dynamicObject,‘name’, ‘equals’, ‘prioridade’, true)
    WebUI.click(dynamicObject)

In this example, i’m setting the property NAME with a UNIQUE value in the web-page. In my case these are elements i was not directly reaching in the record mode

I hope it might help you!

1 Like

I have a solution that successfully data drives the Ag-Grid by using a variable based relative xpath object in the object repository.
If there is any interest I can share my findings.

@louis.oliver can u please tell me how do we getText of the elements from ag-grid table?