Automate right-click then select inspect

I am looking to create a test script, where I right-click on an object (located in my object repository) and then select the Inspect menu items. I want to be able to automate getting into Dev tools.

If you want to utilise the Dev tools features, then you should look at Chrome DevTools Protocol.

The Chrome DevTools Protocol allows for tools to instrument, inspect, debug and profile Chromium, Chrome and other Blink-based browsers.

Katalon Studio has a plugin which enables your Test Case script to utilize CDP API.

I think that “right-clicking” is not a good approach to CDP. It’s too much of indirection.

Here is a sample project where I used one of the features provided CDP:

What feature of DevTools do you want to use? The DevTools offers a lot of utilities each of which deserves own API. So you should forcus on one at a time.

Here is a set of sample Java codes that utilizes features offered by Chrome DevTools Protocol.

Do you find something you want to try yourself? If yes, that’s the one you should look at deep. If no, … mmm, you have invent a magic for yourself. Good luck.