Authorization

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/authorization.html

When NTLM auhentification for Soap requests will be provided? thanks

When NTML will be implemente for Katalon

Any news on this. Trying to use Katalon for on prem Dynamics 365 testing and it need REST api query, but it requires NTLM/Windows Authentication. This seems to be one of the major features lacking in Katalon.

Please let us know about NTLM feature
waiting for the New release…

Some other WEB API test tools had support NTLM. Hope katalon will support it as soon as possible.

Hi All, I also encountering same kind of issue related to Authorization . I am looking for BearerToken . pls make sure to associate in next release.

2 Likes

BearerToken please :pray:

Did you try ?

Object Repository–> HTTP Header --> Name as Authorization --> Bearer <>

It works! Thank you

Did this worked for you?

Please add BearerToken

Hi, does katalon 7 support authorization using variables? After our upgrade from Katalon 6 to 7, when executing our API test cases, it would fail due to error 401 Unauthorized. For now, we have updated our Web Service Request’s HTTP Header with value for Authorization.

Hi @bernadette.medrano

Currently, we only support using variables in the HTTP Header. Since the generation of HTTP Header containing Authorization header takes place before execution, you’re recommended to update the value of Authorization via HTTP Headers.

Jass

We would also like to see Bearer Token added as a supported authorization method, please.

Does NTLM Authentication is supported in Katalon? As of now i do not see it under Authorization drop down.

Hi

Currently, Katalon Studio doesn’t support it yet. However, we expect NTLM Authentication to be delivered in the upcoming releases.

Jass

It works

Looking forward to the NTLM implementation, unable to call our API right now.

I’ve tried this workaround but it keeps saying Unauthorized. Are there currently any other alternatives to authenticate to an API with Windows authentication?

The workaround works on Katalon version 6.3.3. Looks like some later version has broken it. May be try it with that version. Hope that helps!