Assertion failed...java?

Hi,

We have been using Katalon integrated with Azure DevOps for at least a year. We just upgraded to 6.3.3. from 6.1.5 and we are getting the error below. The weird thing is that if I run this command locally on the server, everything works just fine. It’s only when it’s run via Azure that it breaks. Any insight? There is nothing in the ‘Plugins’ folder.

Katalon workspace folder is set to default location:

C:\Users\katalon\Desktop\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.3.3\config
Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver.  Specified compiler level: unspecified
170 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = ACTIVE

INFO: Katalon Version: 6.3.3
INFO: Command-line arguments: -runMode=console -projectPath=C:\agent\_work\1\s\Katalon Studio\****.prj -retry=0 -testSuitePath=Test Suites/Verify auth user can check out review and checkout -executionProfile=default -browserType=Firefox
INFO: User working dir: C:\agent\_work\1\s
INFO: User home: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService
INFO: Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
INFO: Java version: 1.8.0_181
INFO: Local OS: Windows Server 2016 64bit
INFO: CPU load: 95%
INFO: Total memory: 8191 MB
INFO: Free memory: 5271 MB

Delete folder: bin
Delete folder: Libs
Opening project file: C:\agent\_work\1\s\Katalon Studio\Flightline MRT Online Catalog\Flightline MRT Online Catalog.prj
Parsing custom keywords in Plugins folder...
org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion failed: 
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:96)
	at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProject(ProjectController.java:146)
	at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.getProject(ConsoleMain.java:341)
	at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.findProject(ConsoleMain.java:236)
	at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.launch(ConsoleMain.java:139)
	at com.kms.katalon.console.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:76)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:87)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

If you go back to 6.1.5, does it work again?

Also, there was something I noticed while looking at the directory structure for katalon. 6.3.3 has a config folder with a nested folder of org.eclipse.core.runtime. Could this be the issue? If you look to the right, 6.1.5 does not have this folder. We’ve been using 6.1.5 successfully for at least 6 months to a year.

Yes, it works if we point it back at 6.1.5

Shout out: @ThanhTo @duyluong @devalex88

bump :slight_smile:

@Jason_Dean i don’t think it is related to the folder structure, since you mentioned that running it straight in the server it works.
what java version is shown in log when it is running fine? in the log you posted i see the one provided by oracle, not openjdk. could be one reason.
i never used azure devops, mostly jenkins. and i know in jenkins it is possible to use multiple java versions and select the one to use in the execution job.
could be similar in your ci? is just a guess, but we have to try to narrow down the possible reasons .

can you post also a log with an succesfull execution so we can compare them?

le: and please use code formating when posting logs, enclose it top/bottom with triple backtiks. it will improve the readability. i edited your firtst post,however it is important to do it from the beginning to preserve also the indentation. with logs it’s ok’ish but is very important to do it right from the beginning when posting code samples

Thanks for the reply Ibus. Looks like it’s the same Java version for a successful run.

INFO: Katalon Version: 6.1.5
INFO: Command-line arguments: -runMode=console -projectPath=C:\agent\_work\1\s\Katalon Studio\Flightline MRT Online Catalog\Flightline MRT Online Catalog.prj -retry=0 -testSuitePath=Test Suites/Verify auth user can check out review and checkout -executionProfile=default -browserType=Firefox
INFO: User working dir: C:\agent\_work\1\s
INFO: User home: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService
INFO: Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
INFO: Java version: 1.8.0_181
INFO: Local OS: Windows Server 2016 64bit
INFO: CPU load: 65%
INFO: Total memory: 8191 MB
INFO: Free memory: 6067 MB

Delete folder: Libs
Opening project file: C:\agent\_work\1\s\Katalon Studio\Flightline MRT Online Catalog\Flightline MRT Online Catalog.prj
Parsing custom keywords in Plugins folder...
Generating global variables...
Parsing custom keywords...
Project 'Flightline MRT Online Catalog' opened
gecko driver is located at default location: C:\Users\katalon\Desktop\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.1.5\configuration\resources\drivers\firefox_win64\geckodriver.exe. In case your browser is updated to a newer version, please use this command to update gecko driver: --config -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test Suites/Verify auth user can check out review and checkout - Firefox - 20190
911_140120...............................................................0/6(0%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, it may be something in between. i will look deeper into the logs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.