webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true is not working

webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true doesn’t seem to be working. My Jenkins job (it uses Katalon Plugin) started failing in my local Jenkins even though webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true is used. After I manually put the latest Chrome driver in the corresponding Jenkins folder, the issue has been resolved.

The problem is that I cannot do it manually in our production environment . My expectations were that with webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true, the latest version of the driver (at least for Chrome) would be downloaded and used. Was it too much to expect?

@duyluong
@devalex88
@ThanhTo

He reports -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true option of KRE does not work.

Any comment?

I think that KRE should have a separated mode “AutoUpdate WebDrivers mode” apart from “Test Execution mode”.

@gdearest07

Thank you for your report, let me see if we can reproduce this consistently. What’s the version of Runtime Engine and of the old (and new) Chrome Driver ?

@ThanhTo
It didn’t work (and the browser wasn’t updated either even though webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true was used) for version 7.8.0 in Jenkins (with Katalon Plugin), so I just used the driver I had in my Katalon Studio (7.8.0):

and it helped. The Driver versions:
“Old”

New

Then I tried to use 7.8.2 in Jenkins (with Katalon Plugin) and it didn’t work (and the browser wasn’t updated either even though webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true was used)

So, I got the driver from the version 7.9.1

and it helped. The Driver versions:
“Old”