Real device is not detected

Hi,
So I am using Vmware to run MacOs HighSierra and installed Katalon Studio, Appium and all the necessary tools needed to setup for mobile automation testing.

The problem I find is this:
I am able to install and run the app through appium only but when I use the record mobile feature, The device that I have connected is not shown. Idk why the device is not being recognised by Katalon Studio even though I have enabled UIAutomation in the device and Enabled device to trust the computer. Can someone offer a solution to this problem?

Can I know what iOS version of your device? iOS 11 is currently not supported, so you will need to wait until next version :slight_smile:

It is IOS 11.

Hi Kenshin Himura,

Thanks for your information. You should wait until the next release likely in this week for Katalon Studio to support iOS11 :slight_smile:

Hi Vinh,

Did you get your issue fixed? Did katalon release any version which supprort iOS 11?

@Kenshin_Himura @Zarashima
Hi,I have the same problem as you. Have you solved it? Can you tell me your solution?Looking forward to your reply.
ps:My macOS is10.13.6,Xcode is 10.1,Katalon Studio is 6.1.3,Appium is 1.8.1,IOS is 10.3.3

@leochen,

XCode 10.1 is supported in Katalon v6.2.0.rc1. Please take a look.

Thanks.

@duyluong
First,thank you for your reply. I would like to ask what version of Xcode is supported by katalon studio 6.1.4 or 6.1.5. Can I solve this problem if I change to a compatible version of Xcode with katalon? I’m looking forward to your reply.

My system version and all dependent versions:
MacOS is 10.13.6
Xcode is 10.1
IOS is 10.3.3
Katalon Studio is 6.1.4
Appium v1.8.1
Carthage 0.33
ios-deploy 1.9.4
ios-webkit-debug-proxy 1.8.4
libimobiledevice 1.2.0
usbmuxd 1.0.10

According to the above information, what is the most convenient way to solve my problem?

I have the same issue. I just update Katalon yesterday and since then, it is not recognizing my device anymore. Could you give me a solution? How can I solve this problem?

MacOS: 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Xcode: 10.1
iOS: 10.3.1
NodeJS: 18.1.1
Appium: 1.12.1
Katalon: 6.2.0
Carthage: 0.33
iOS-deploy:1.9.4
iOS-webkit-debug-proxy: 1.8.4
libimobiledevice: 1.2.0
usbmuxd: 1.0.10.1

I am also facing same problem. Dear Katalon developers., Can you please tell us? How can we fix this issue? I am doing POC for iPAD app. Can you please give correct versions of required software? So that we can download accordingly. As I am completely blocked because real device is not recognizable by katalon tool. Please help!!!

@Inma_Paya, @yadav.vikram342

Please follow this instruction: Katalon Studio version 6.2.0.rc1 with experimental support for iOS 12.2 and Xcode 10.2

1 Like

Thank you, but it doesn’t work for me. Due my Mac is quite old I can’t upgrade to Mojave so I can not install Xcode greater than 10.1 which is not working with Appium 1.12.1.

Finally I decided to downgrade to Katalon 5.4 again since seemed the only way for my real devices to be recognized.

Hi,

I’m facing issue that my ios device is detected on Katalon as ,
using Xcode 10.1
Mac OS: 10.14.6
appium: 1.17
Katalon : 7.2.6

same issue