[WebUI] Get Url

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/webui-get-url.html

Hi. Help me please. result = WebUI.getText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/RolesObjects/OrgRolesObjects/InviteRolesPage/InviteLink’))WebUI.openBrowser(’’)
WebUI.navigateToUrl(result)

how I can past  token to URL ?  Its not working...

WebUI.navigateToUrl accepts String. So what ever you pass to this keyword will get resolved.
concat result variable with token and then pass to the navigateToUrl keyword.

result = WebUI.getText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/RolesObjects/OrgRolesObjects/InviteRolesPage/InviteLink’))

I put it String to url ,but this not work
WebUI.openBrowser(’’)
WebUI.navigateToUrl(result)

Thank’s for help

Can you try logging the value of InviteLink object? Try converting it to String before passing to navigateToUrl keyword.

How I can to do this? I just starting to work with Katalon,

it’s converting it to String ?
String result = WebUI.getText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/RolesObjects/OrgRolesObjects/InviteRolesPage/InviteLink’))

Thank you, Aliasger

Glad to know that you got the solution

But its not working…

02-21-2019 04:37:52 PM Test Cases/TestTests/InviteOrgAdminUserToOrganization

Elapsed time: 1m - 19.329s

Test Cases/TestTests/InviteOrgAdminUserToOrganization FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to navigate to ‘’ (Root cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Url cannot be null or empty)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:36)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:65)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:27)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.NavigateToUrlKeyword.navigateToUrl(NavigateToUrlKeyword.groovy:83)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.NavigateToUrlKeyword.execute(NavigateToUrlKeyword.groovy:67)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:53)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.navigateToUrl(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:183)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$navigateToUrl$8.call(Unknown Source)
at InviteOrgAdminUserToOrganization.run(InviteOrgAdminUserToOrganization:68)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:319)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:290)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:224)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:106)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:97)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1550759870807.run(TempTestCase1550759870807.groovy:22)

Errors what I get

From the error logs it seems that WebUI.getText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/RolesObjects/OrgRolesObjects/InviteRolesPage/InviteLink’)) is not giving any result or blank. Can you please check this first? what is the value getText is giving?
One more option is if that object is already a link why cant you directly click on it instead of reading the url and navigating to it?