[WebUI] Analyze Test Case Execution Logs and Resolve Errors

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/tutorials/webui-analyze-test-case-execution-logs-and-resolve-errors.html

For anyone running long-haul tests or large Test Suites, the Test Execution Logs should not be used in Tree View mode because it uses far too much memory and slows down the runtime to the point it may even crash.

See these tips and analyses from @kazurayam

Related thread: KS 8.1.0 stucked in running (after more than 5 days of running long haul test) - need help to generate partial report - #65 by kazurayam

not quite right.

Yes, the Log Viewer widget slows down the runtime, as my analysis tells. But the Log Viewer does not cause extremely high usage of memory. As far as I observe, the Garbage Collection mechanism of Java VM is properly managing the heap memory used by the Log Viewer. Please see

On the other hand, the originator of the post KS 8.1.0 stucked in running (after more than 5 days of running long haul test) - need help to generate partial report reported that his/her test occupied extremely large memory and it stopped running. I suppose that, yes, the Log Viewer would slows tests down, but it would not cause tests to stop. There must be something unrevealed in his/her test code that caused a problem in the memory usage.

Corrected :wink: