UTF-8 / Special character support: ÆØÅ

Hey!

I’m trying to build a test for a website, that uses the word “åpne” for open, and I’m having difficulties, as it looks for text matching a_pne instead.

I see that Katalon Studio Console mode cannot display Unicode characters, but it looks like groovy does.

Has anyone found a workaround, or should I make a feature request?

Hey Einar,

What’s exactly your problem? Which Katalon keyword cannot handle Unicode chars? Could you give me an example or a snippet from your test?

Hey Marek!

The command is “WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Page_xxx Admin/åpne’))” Which turns into WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Page_xxx Admin (1)/a_pne’)) on run.

Object ID is : Object Repository/Page_xx Admin/åpne, which turns into Object ID is : Object Repository/Page_xx Admin/A_pne

Does this make sense?

Thank you for having a look!

Ignore the ‘(1)’, I just forgot to edit that out. :slight_smile:

Oh, I see, so your test object name is ‘åpne’. By the way, how did you create it? I’m not able to do it.

unicode-katalon.jpg

Sorry, I might have made a confusing statement there. I used the Spy Web, and it renames it a_pne straight away. I see by your picture that its not supported however, so will make a feature request. I assume the website would have to be changed for it to work atm…

Thank you for the reply. :slight_smile:

Yes, looks like the issue with SpyWeb feature. As a temporary workaround, you can manually rename your test object and update your tests accordingly. :slight_smile: And you can file a separate bug report then.

Marek

Ah! Turns out it was my mistake. Thank you for the reply, as it made me look again.

Editing the object made me realize it looked for an object matching a specific href, where as the website one will change. Unchecked detect object by href, and it worked fine.

Katalon seems to handle ÆØÅ fine at the moment, as I can still use them in the text it looks for.