URGENT - Not able to Launch or Spy ios mobile application

Hi, I am trying to Spy and Record iOS Mobile Application but not able to launch the application. Displaying error. Image is attached.

Please help…

Have you followed complete setup for MacOS here: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Mobile+on+macOS?

Can you try to execute this command from your terminal:

brew install -s --HEAD libimobiledevice ideviceinstaller

Regards

@“Vinh Nguyen”

Thanks for the quick response, I did try this and installed ideviceinstaller.

Also, I did update xcode to 9.2 version. But now noticed that, iOS simulators are not listing in the devices drop down in Katalon in both spy and record window.

Is there any compatibility concern between Katalon and xCode ?

Regards,

Hari

@vinh

Also, tried with real device, getting below error consistently. Screen shot is attached

"Unable to start application on this device. String index out of range : -6 "

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fVdtHgbjDPKn203-kfeHojY9d2VoTOqp/view?usp=sharing

It is very much important to resolve this issue as our testing in sprint cycle is alt . Please help.

Regards,

Hari

Hari said:

@vinh

Also, tried with real device, getting below error consistently. Screen shot is attached

"Unable to start application on this device. String index out of range : -6 "

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fVdtHgbjDPKn203-kfeHojY9d2VoTOqp/view?usp=sharing

It is very much important to resolve this issue as our testing in sprint cycle is alt . Please help.

Regards,

Hari

Can you share with me your application?

Hari said:

@vinhnguyen

Thanks for the quick response, I did try this and installed ideviceinstaller.

Also, I did update xcode to 9.2 version. But now noticed that, iOS simulators are not listing in the devices drop down in Katalon in both spy and record window.

Is there any compatibility concern between Katalon and xCode ?

Regards,

Hari

If you update your Xcode , you have to re-do configuration steps :slight_smile:

@vinh

I am using Wordpress sample apk which I have downloaded from google. Same error getting for all apps.

If you mean, re do the configuration what exactly I should repeat, could you please explain in detail.

Hari said:

@vinh

I am using Wordpress sample apk which I have downloaded from google. Same error getting for all apps.

If you mean, re do the configuration what exactly I should repeat, could you please explain in detail.

Are you sure you are using APK? Your current selected device is iOS and you are using APK file? If so this will not work because .apk file can’t installed on iOS device, please help to double check it

Regard to my Xcode update, I mean you have to re-do configuration steps for WebDriver projects

@vinh

It was my mistake I did mention APK, I am using .ipa file only.

Sure, I will redo the xcode configuration and check for the luck. I will update you.

I installed xcode 8.3.3 and can see now simulators are listing in the drop but while launching app for spy or mobile app record, displaying error as below

[debug] [XCUITest] Failed to create WDA session. Retrying…

Errors are below -

[debug] [BaseDriver] Event ‘wdaSessionAttempted’ logged at 1515537561943 (22:39:21 GMT+0000 (GMT))

[debug] [XCUITest] Sending createSession command to WDA

[debug] [JSONWP Proxy] Proxying [GET /status] to [GET http://localhost:52702/status] with no body

[debug] [XCUITest] Failed to create WDA session. Retrying…

[debug] [BaseDriver] Event ‘wdaSessionAttempted’ logged at 1515537562954 (22:39:22 GMT+0000 (GMT))

[debug] [XCUITest] Sending createSession command to WDA

[debug] [JSONWP Proxy] Proxying [GET /status] to [GET http://localhost:52702/status] with no body

[debug] [XCUITest] Failed to create WDA session. Retrying…

[debug] [XCUITest] Unable to start WebDriverAgent session because of xcodebuild failure: “Could not proxy command to remote server. Original error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:52702”.

[debug] [XCUITest] Quitting and uninstalling WebDriverAgent, then retrying

[XCUITest] Shutting down sub-processes

[XCUITest] Shutting down xcodebuild process (pid 54548)

[XCUITest] xcodebuild exited with code ‘null’ and signal ‘SIGTERM’

[debug] [XCUITest] Removing WDA application from device

Can you tell me more about your Appium version and iOS version?

Looks like this is an issue from either WDA, Xcode or Appium. Some founded pages:



=> Might worth restarting your machine, rebuild WebDriverAgent