Unknown error: cannot create temp dir for user data dir

Hi All,

I am doing a poc on Katalon…i am getting an errorwhile running a basic web scrip

Test Cases/Test1 FAILED because (of) Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: cannot create temp dir for user data dir

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.38.552522 (437e6fbedfa8762dec75e2c5b3ddb86763dc9dcb),platform=Windows NT 10.0.14393 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Command duration or timeout: 122 milliseconds

Driver info: driver.version: CChromeDriver)

Hi,

I have same issue here,
have you solve that error?

Where do you execute your current test script? On your local machine or on any docker/virtual machine?

You can refer to suggested solution from here:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47259763/unknown-error-cannot-create-temp-dir-for-user-data-dir-in-chrome-driver?rq=1

I realized that the normal test (WebDriver driver = new ChrormDriver()) is able to launch the browser…but with some third part source like Katalon and TestNG, it gives the error: “cannot create temp dir for user data dir”. I tried the solution mentioned in suggested link mentioned above but got no luck.

1 Like

Vinh Nguyen said:

Where do you execute your current test script? On your local machine or on any docker/virtual machine?

You can refer to suggested solution from here:ruby - Unknown error: cannot create temp dir for user data dir in chrome driver - Stack Overflow

The script run in local machine. I have solve that issue with run katalon as administrator for now. I will try that solution. Thanks :))

1 Like

Akash Shivhare said:

I realized that the normal test (WebDriver driver = new ChrormDriver()) is able to launch the browser…but with some third part source like Katalon and TestNG, it gives the error: “cannot create temp dir for user data dir”. I tried the solution mentioned in suggested link mentioned above but got no luck.

I have same issue here,
have you solve that error?