Unable to verify element property value

I have tried per the document before and it did not work. So I have tried the way I posted earlier.

But now, I have changed per your suggestion again back to the one described in the document and I am getting the Null Pointer exception as below -

01-16-2019 08:24:51 PM verifyElementPropertyValue(response, “queries.getinfo.cats[0].catid”, category)

Elapsed time: 0.271s

Unable to verify element property value (Root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘getinfo’ on null object)

Sorry, I have no more idea.

It is difficult to investigate without immediate access to the AUT.

I understand. How can I do that ?

We are trying to do a proof of concept to purchase the Katalon tool.
I need to at least build GET, POST, PUT, DELETE calls, so I am trying my best. I like the tool but just really trying to figure out how it can help our team.

By the screenshot of you Test Object POST-UrlGetInfoCopy, I have got to know the URL of your AUT is
http://api-qa.bcti.bd.com/1.0/?

When I try to browse this URL, I got ERR_DNS_FAIL. This means the hostName api-qa.bcti.bd.com is not known public.

Can you make this URL (or its equivalent one) publicly accessible via Internet?

This is actually the modified one, since I cannot post the original one since I do not know if I can post the original one. I can ask my higher ups, If I can do that. Kindly wait until I get a nod from them.

I am sorry, I couldn’t get a nod to post it openly in the forum. Thank you very much and Appreciate your help. However, I will keep trying to see in this forum, if someone has the same problem.

Hi, I’m having a very similar issue. has anyone resolved this issue?!

@amohan

Please have a look at the following guidance

I would recommend you to create a new discussion for your issue.

@kazurayam Thanks for the reply

Is it because there needs to be a trailing . following the json locator?

WS.verifyElementPropertyValue(response, 'data.', 'verificationStatus')

See that there’s a trailing . at the end of 'data.

Hi, I am facing a problem setting the Element locator for my JSON data. Code and JSON data are given below. Can any one help me here ?
Code***************************************
response = WS.sendRequest(findTestObject(‘From my object repository’))
WS.verifyResponseStatusCode(response, 200)
WS.verifyElementPropertyValue(response, ‘result.resultCode’, ‘SUCCESS’)
JSON Data******
{
“result”:{
“resultStatus”:“S”,
“resultCode”:“SUCCESS”,
“resultMessage”:“success”
},
“authExpiryTime”:“2021-08-15”,
“paymentId”:“123456”
}