Unable to start app at: ‘…\Katalon Studio\Samples\Mobile\androidapp\APIDemos.apk’ (Root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException: Name is null)

Hello,

I’m new to Katalon and I want to launch my first mobile test case.

But when I launch the samble projet I get this message :

Unable to start app at: ‘…\Katalon Studio\Samples\Mobile\androidapp\APIDemos.apk’ (Root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException: Name is null)

I can’t figure out what “Name” it’s about. What should I do?

Thank you,

Zoé

That was it! I needed to run explicitely on Android (I thought it would launch on Android by default) and also… to deactivate the PIN code protection of my phone. If not, I get an error like this:

“org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Screen did not unlock successfully, retrying (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)”

Thanks for you quick answer (though I didn’t try again immediately), now I can go further in my test :slight_smile:

Hi there,

The error there indicates that there is something wrong with the mobile device you select for execution. Have you completed setup mobile on your machine properly? After that setup, you will also need to select the device you want to execute test script

Thanks