Unable to Run Katalon with Java Code

Hi everyone , I am willing to use msal4j(java) library even after adding external library and script to Gradle I am unable to run code snippet please help me out.

@kahmed

What exactly is the error ? Please provide the error log and the test script.

Dear Thanh To,
I want to run Katalon tests against OAuth 2.0 and Azure AD B2C. In order to generate and refresh Bearer Token I used msal4j library: (import com.microsoft.aad.msal4j).
also in Build.Gradle updated : compile group: ‘com.microsoft.azure’, name: ‘msal4j’, version: ‘1.6.1’

Please see attached screen shot:

@kahmed

If you have already added these JAR files into external library, then try to press Ctrl + Shift + O to automatically import. Does it work ?

No :frowning:

This will never work. Don’t misunderstand. Katalon project is NOT driven by Gradle.

As the following document explains you need to download the required jar and save it into the <projectDir>/Drivers folder. This folder is the only place where Katalon Studio allows users to place additional jar files.

https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/external-libraries.html

Jar file is already in the directory(Drivers). Still not working

Please copy and paste the console log here, and the screenshot of the JAR files you included. I think I saw something about missing dependencies, which may mean you havent included enough JARs.

Here is the Log and Directory:

I doubt if you wrote required import statements in your test case script; somthing like:

import your.package.RefreshTokenParameters
import your.package.PublicClientApplication

@kahmed

If you find yourself wandering in a dependency hell, the following post may be helpful.

Gradle will save you out of the hell.

No I did not write.

The screenshot you attached shows you have msal4j-1.6.1-javadoc.jar in the Drivers folder.

Is this jar the right one? I doubt it.

Jar files named *-javadoc.jar usually contain only the documentation files, do not contain *.class files at all.

@kahmed

Steps:

• Open terminal, cd to your project directory
  • Type: “gradle katalonCopyDependencies”
  • Reopen your project in Katalon Studio

Not FOund

Deutsch:

Der Befehl "'gradle" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nich gefunden werden

English:

The command "'gradle" is either wrongly spelt or
can not be found

@kahmed

You typed this:

>'gradle katalonCopyDependencies'

This would not work. If you want, type without quotations:

>gradle katalonCopyDependencies
1 Like

@kazurayam , Yes I do understand.
Secondly I tried out this after installing gradle explicitly and having compatibility issues. Please see the screen shot. TBH: I am not that familiar with Gradle.
But this is where I am having an issue.

@duyluong My main objective is to use Katalon with OAuth 2.0 and Azure AD B2C. Because we are using OpenID Connect and ‘Bearer’ Token will be expired after 1 hour. In order to get a new token or refresh the token I need to use msal4j library. Here , I am having issues with external dependancy Please help me out or suggest better work around. Though I can proceed with my task.

The Snippet was being taken from here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/migrate-adal-msal-java

Even after removing jar file from file system and successful run of command no success so far.

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file 'C:¥Users¥kahmed¥katalon Studio¥...¥Drivers¥katalon_generated_accessors-smart-1.2.jar'

You need to shutdown Katalon Studio GUI (or close the project) before you execute the command gradle katalonCopyDependency.

When you execute the katalonCopyDependency task, gradle tries to delete all katalon_generated_*.jar files in the Drivers directory. If you have Katalon Studio still running, it will hold the jar files in the Drivers so that gradle fails to delete them.