Unable to launch my tests on Kobiton Cloud Device

Hello,
I am trying the integration with Kobiton but I am surprised for not being able to launch my tests with the startApplication keyword.
I cannot start my test because I am using this keyword with the full path of my app, and when I try to run the same test on Kobiton Cloud, I have the following error:
“app must be an absolute URL or path to Kobiton storage”

Isn’t something done to automatically upload the file to Kobiton to use it?
If I read carrefully documentation and forum, I need to manually upload my app in kobiton to be able to use it, and it is not really “automatic” as we want to do :frowning:

Thanks

quentin said:

Hello,
I am trying the integration with Kobiton but I am surprised for not being able to launch my tests with the startApplication keyword.
I cannot start my test because I am using this keyword with the full path of my app, and when I try to run the same test on Kobiton Cloud, I have the following error:
“app must be an absolute URL or path to Kobiton storage”

Isn’t something done to automatically upload the file to Kobiton to use it?
If I read carrefully documentation and forum, I need to manually upload my app in kobiton to be able to use it, and it is not really “automatic” as we want to do :frowning:

Thanks

Yes you need to upload your application manually. I think you miss this step, so that’s why it generates that error message. Katalon Studio does not upload your application automatically because ‘Start Application’ requires you to input application id from Kobiton, which is retrieved after you’ve uploaded your application.

Thanks for your answer. No enhancement planned on this part?
Uploading manually the application on kobiton for test automation is not a really good practice if we want to trigger tests after a build on CI tool. It will break the automatic CI as requiring manual intervention.

quentin said:

Thanks for your answer. No enhancement planned on this part?
Uploading manually the application on kobiton for test automation is not a really good practice if we want to trigger tests after a build on CI tool. It will break the automatic CI as requiring manual intervention.

Currently this scenario can be achieved if you ulitlize their API: https://api.kobiton.com/docs/#apps-repository following with below steps:

1. Create Application Or Version

2. Generate Upload URL

3. Upload to S3

After all above API calls you will have generated application ID from Kobiton to be used as an input.

However, using this approach is quite complicated and it requires you to have a good knowledge about Web Services to create necessary calls. This is the only way to adapt to your desired scenario. Unfortunately, we can’t help you with scripting in this case.

There is also no enhancement plan as well because we can’t automatically upload application under test into Kobiton as there will be some security walls you need to handle manually.

Thanks, I am in contact with Kobiton to use this method.
I will keep you updated once it is implemented if other people wants to use it!

Hi Vinh,

I am also facing the same kind of issue for which you have given the solution. i followed the same steps as mentioned in this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXszVaDerTE

but getting the below error message while executing the test cases using Katalon.

Test Cases/movies/android/headers/Verify Plays Link redirection FAILED because (of) Unable to start app at: ‘/Users/gauravmishra/qa-automation-master/kobiton-store:9597’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: app must be an absolute URL or path to Kobiton storage

Command duration or timeout: 1.45 seconds

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘BigAdmins-MacBook-Pro-2.local’, ip: ‘fe80:0:0:0:cec:6fc6:a05d:1032%en0’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.13.3’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: driver.version: SwipeableAndroidDriver)

Test Cases/movies/android/headers/Verify Plays Link redirection.run:48

Gaurav Mishra said:

Hi Vinh,

I am also facing the same kind of issue for which you have given the solution. i followed the same steps as mentioned in this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXszVaDerTE

but getting the below error message while executing the test cases using Katalon.

Test Cases/movies/android/headers/Verify Plays Link redirection FAILED because (of) Unable to start app at: ‘/Users/gauravmishra/qa-automation-master/kobiton-store:9597’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: app must be an absolute URL or path to Kobiton storage

Command duration or timeout: 1.45 seconds

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘BigAdmins-MacBook-Pro-2.local’, ip: ‘fe80:0:0:0:cec:6fc6:a05d:1032%en0’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.13.3’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: driver.version: SwipeableAndroidDriver)

Test Cases/movies/android/headers/Verify Plays Link redirection.run:48

Please help to post your test script also. Based on your provided information, looks like you’ve passed in a wrong path to be used in this case

Katalon Script works fine locally but when I run same script on Kobiton, It randomly gives following error.

Unable to start app at: ‘kobiton-store:10048’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: WebDriver command failed to run

I have an error
Unable to start app at: ‘kobiton-store:15003’ (Root cause:
org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: WebDriver command failed
to run or timeout

I have updated appium and node js and chrome driver