Unable to capture object using Spy Mobile

I am facing the same issue in Katalon Studio version 7.2.1. I am running Katalon Studio on Mac OS version 10.15.3 (19D76). Please help me on this issue.

Here is the error log:

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4533)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4448)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:255)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:145)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4814)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:211)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.components.services.UISynchronizeService.syncExec(UISynchronizeService.java:26)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.dialog.MobileObjectSpyDialog$14.refreshTreeElements(MobileObjectSpyDialog.java:825)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.dialog.MobileObjectSpyDialog$14.run(MobileObjectSpyDialog.java:806)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:85)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:73)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.assertElementsNotNull(StructuredViewer.java:586)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getRawChildren(StructuredViewer.java:1002)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer.getRawChildren(ColumnViewer.java:701)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getRawChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1349)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.getRawChildren(TreeViewer.java:341)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getFilteredChildren(StructuredViewer.java:907)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getSortedChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:621)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.lambda$0(AbstractTreeViewer.java:817)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:795)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.createChildren(TreeViewer.java:596)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:766)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalInitializeTree(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1538)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.internalInitializeTree(TreeViewer.java:772)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.lambda$1(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1523)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1458)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.preservingSelection(TreeViewer.java:354)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1419)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.CheckboxTreeViewer.preservingSelection(CheckboxTreeViewer.java:409)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.inputChanged(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1517)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:286)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1696)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.dialog.MobileObjectSpyDialog$14$3.run(MobileObjectSpyDialog.java:829)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4032)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3708)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block(ModalContext.java:165)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:369)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:481)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.dialog.MobileObjectSpyDialog.captureObjectAction(MobileObjectSpyDialog.java:859)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.dialog.MobileObjectSpyDialog.access$8(MobileObjectSpyDialog.java:783)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.dialog.MobileObjectSpyDialog$10.widgetSelected(MobileObjectSpyDialog.java:620)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4256)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1501)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1524)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1509)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1313)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4080)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3706)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.internalRunGUI(Application.java:173)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runGUI(Application.java:163)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:82)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
2 Likes

Hi @abbas.ali,

I’m working on your issue and I have something that I need to check. Can I know which app are you testing or can I have your application bundle file?

~ Thanks

Hi @thongnmtran

Thanks for your response. It’s not possible for me to share the app details but i can share the screen recording of that particular issue.

@thongnmtran Here is the video link:

Hi @abbas.ali,

Yup, many thanks for your additional information. It could help a lot /=)

@thongnmtran Please specify which kind of information you need. Here is some more information which may helpful for you:
Appium version: 1.16.0
Xcode Version: 11.3
Katalon Studio Version: 7.2.1

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @abbas.ali,

Thanks for your support, we have identified the problem and have found a way to fix it. Also, we have been notified of this issue from some other people. This bug will be fixed soon in the next build.

~ Thanks for your time in helping us identify this issue and sorry for wasting your time on this unexpected bug.
By the way, I’ll notify you when the fix is released. And also, if I can find any way to work around this before the next release, I’ll message you too /=)

1 Like

@thongnmtran Glad to hear that you are able to reproduce the issue and found a way to fix it. Can you please let me know the next build release date?

Hi @abbas.ali,

The next release is scheduled next week. Can you wait till then?

1 Like

Sounds great. Many thanks for helping me out on the issue.

Regards
Abbas Ali

2 Likes

Hi @abbas.ali,

Sorry for the late response, but the fix was rescheduled to release v7.2.6.

And later we figure out that the issue is not just come from KS, but also Appium. I had investigated more about Appium and they said that it comes from Apple.

So that means it could be fixed if you try on another device or try to update XCode and change some build settings… Hope this could help…

About the fix in the release v7.2.6, it just prevents the error from breaking the flow. So, I don’t think it could help you much.

@thongnmtran Thanks for your response. Can you please guide me, what build settings are required to overcome this issue? Or what i am missing with the build settings?

I have also tried the on the multiple devices with two different xcode versions 10.3 and 11.3 but the issue occurred on the both xcode versions and with the multiple devices as well.

Hi @abbas.ali,

I recently found something weird with appium 1.16.0. Have you tried with the Appium 1.15.1? To downgrade to the appium 1.15.1 you could run the following command:

$ npm uninstall -g appium && npm install -g appium@1.15.1

After the reinstall, rebuild the WebDriverAgent by using Katalon tool (Tools > iOS > Install WebDriverAgent).

And then retry again…

Hi @thongnmtran I have tried the mentioned steps but unfortunately, i am still facing the same issue. Now the appium is downgraded to version 1.15.1 and i have xcode 11.3 installed in my computer. Below is the installation details of WebDriverAgent

Installing WebDriverAgent dependencies...

-e e[1mFetching dependencies

----------------------------------------------------

Building WebDriverAgentLib...

Build settings from command line:
    DEVELOPMENT_TEAM = N4UCH5237X

note: Using new build system
note: Planning build
note: Using build description from disk
WriteAuxiliaryFile /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent/build/WebDriverAgent.build/Release-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap (in target 'WebDriverAgentLib' from project 'WebDriverAgent')
    cd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent
    write-file /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent/build/WebDriverAgent.build/Release-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap

** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

Building WebDriverAgentRunner...

2020-02-24 14:34:48.996 xcodebuild[47860:245950]  DTDeviceKit: deviceType from 00008020-000B195C0A8A002E was NULL
2020-02-24 14:34:49.177 xcodebuild[47860:246031]  DTDeviceKit: deviceType from 00008020-000B195C0A8A002E was NULL
WriteAuxiliaryFile /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent/build/WebDriverAgent.build/Release-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap (in target 'WebDriverAgentLib' from project 'WebDriverAgent')
    cd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent
    write-file /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent/build/WebDriverAgent.build/Release-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap

** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

Building IntegrationApp...

2020-02-24 14:34:52.395 xcodebuild[47866:246153]  DTDeviceKit: deviceType from 00008020-000B195C0A8A002E was NULL
2020-02-24 14:34:52.530 xcodebuild[47866:246239]  DTDeviceKit: deviceType from 00008020-000B195C0A8A002E was NULL

** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

Is there any other solution to get rid of this error message?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.