Transaction Timer or a feature to record time between two events

A feature to record the time taken between two events. This could be a start watch and stop watch feature or start transaction timer and stop transaction timer

+1 for this suggestion!

Hey guys,

Thank you for your feedback. Would you please provide more details on the purpose of this feature? Katalon team would like to understand its value.

Thanks again for choosing Katalon Studio,

Best,
Liam

Liam B said:

Hey guys,

Thank you for your feedback. Would you please provide more details on the purpose of this feature? Katalon team would like to understand its value.

Thanks again for choosing Katalon Studio,

Best,

Liam

I am also interested in a feature like this. The reason for the feature is to calculate the time of keyboard-eye transactions made on the browser. It tests in essence the click of a button and the next synchronized action.

For example, how long does it take to click a button, have the response come back from the server and for a popup to show up. Many customers are interested in the amount of time a UI takes to make requests and display responses.

[EDIT] Currently what it takes to do this is to convert it to code (Java, Python) and time each request via code (Calculate difference in time before the action and after the action, and maybe recording all of the data into a CSV).

Waiting for this update. Transaction time is a very handy thing. Provided in UFT, in selenium we can simply get it by a piece of code. It’s usage is like measuring the time how much a page loads in, and many others. Suppose you click on a page after which next page loads, and you want to track how much time it takes to open the new page. as there is any element of next page visible we can stop the timer and then we can subtract the time to get the transaction time to measure the performance.
It would be great team, if you can look into this.

A timer would be very useful to verify Navigation loading before page for instance. This would be helpful! Trying to find a custom keyword for that now!

Sounds like y’all need to import the apache commons library and use:

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-lang/apidocs/org/apache/commons/lang3/time/StopWatch.html

Beyond that, I have to ask, why would you do performance testing with Katalon (which I would argue is purely a functional testing tool)? There are plenty of other open-source tools out there that will offer much better accuracy and functionality. Namely: https://jmeter.apache.org/

Thanks for the reply! And great question, I’m new to testing and new to Katalon, so this helps.