Timeout for keywords are not working on mobile

Hello!

We are trying to implement and execute test cases on Android mobile.
Currently we have a problem with timeouts.
The project’s global timeout value is set to 20. This is working as intended.
However we are setting up unique timeout values for various keywords which seems like is totally ignored.

Here is a small example:

Mobile.tap(findTestObject ('Android/paciens regisztracio/android.widget.Button0 - OK'), 3)

At this tap the timeout is set to 3 seconds. But it will not timeout at 3 secs. The timeout will be at 20 secs as stated in the project’s settings.

Another one:

if (!(Mobile.verifyElementExist(findTestObject ('Android/paciens regisztracio/android.widget.TextView6 - Login'), 3, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)))

Here is the beginning of our if statement. We are checking if the object is exists. We set the timeout to 3 seconds but again it will only timeout at 20 secs.

What settings are we missing or misuse? Is there a problem with the timeout implementation on Katalon side?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone else facing this problem? Is the timeout working in your mobile test cases?

Bump, still looking for advice what is wrong with the timeout settings

Does anyone have an implemented mobile test case where the timeout is working?

Hello, I have the same issue with timeout.
I was wondering if the time out to findTestObject is using the one of project settings?
For exemple:

Mobile.verifyElementVisible(findTestObject(‘myTestObject’), 10, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)

will fail at the end of project timeout with Element Not found.

I would like to fail at the end of the timeout set in the methods (10 seconds in this exemple).

1 Like

Blackbelt Tester said:

Anyone else facing this problem? Is the timeout working in your mobile test cases?

I am also facing same issue in Mobile for so long. Say if I have to verify non-existence of an element and giving timeout of 5 secs, (global timeout is 30 secs), it waits for 30 secs while this check can be done in less than 5 secs.

Amit Kumar said:

Blackbelt Tester said:

I am also facing same issue in Mobile for so long. Say if I have to verify non-existence of an element and giving timeout of 5 secs, (global timeout is 30 secs), it waits for 30 secs while this check can be done in less than 5 secs.

Hello,
I’ve just posted about this issue to the bug forum as well.
Please write there as well for better visibility.

http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/6475/timeout-for-keywords-are-not-working-on-mobile?new=1

Even I want to understand the complete ‘wait’ concepts in Web as well.
Is Global timeout in Project>>Settings is something like Implicit wait?
Is timeout parameter in test steps are working as Explicit wait?
Documentation says if we give timeout parameter as zero, it will take project’s default timeout (30 secs) but if we provide any value >0, shouldn’t it override the project timeout for that specific step.

Appreciate if somebody help me out in wait concepts w.r.t. katalon studiio.

@Katalon_team any suggestions on how to resolve this concern for Mobile testing? This issue is still present in Katalon Studio 5.10.1

Hi @Rasko_Pjesivac,

The timeout parameter for calls like Mobile.tap(findTestObject('My Object'), timeout) seems to work for Katalon Studio 5.10.1 and Appium 1.8.1 on MacOS. Could you share what version of Appium you’re using and the console log for the test where the timeout isn’t working for you?

– Chris

I am using
katalon studio beta version; 6.2.0
Appium desktop : 1.12.1
Xcode : 10.2.1

My global time and step timeout both not working. For element check its taking 10-20 mins where i have define timeout 15 Sec. and my global timeout is 30 sec

Hi @Md_Borhan_Uddin_Sark,

In the 6.2 beta, I also noticed that the timeout in my tests wasn’t being honored, although the global timeout does seem to be working for me.

I’d recommend checking the Bug Reports forum to see if this issue has been filed yet. If not, could you please open a new bug?

http://forum.katalon.com/c/katalon-studio/katalon-studio-bug-reports

Thanks,

Chris