Test suite execution fails in Jenkins root seems to be "cannot find Chrome binary"

A test suite that runs successfully from command line on local system fails inside Jenkins project where Jenkins is running on my local system.

Operating System - Windows 10

Katalon Studio Version - 7.2.7 and 7.4.0

Katalon Studio logs execution0.log (156.1 KB)

Katalon Studio execution properties file

** Windows logs folder: <Katalon Studio folder>\config\.metadata\.log attachedJenkins project Windows log.log (25.9 KB)

Environment (for Web testing) - Jenkins project. Jenkins hosted on local system running Windows 10. Jenkins version is 2.222.1

Browser and Browser version - Google Chrome Version 81.0.4044.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Steps to reproduce - Jenkins Freestyle project is created to run Windows batch commands to run CLI locally.

cd C:\Users\xxxxx\Katalon_Studio_Engine_Windows_64-7.4.0
katalonc -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“C:\mjp-regression\Katalon.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Cultivation-Jenkins” -executionProfile=“prerelease.mjplatform.com” --config -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true -browserType=“Chrome (headless)” -apiKey=“xxxxxxxxxxxx”

Expected Behavior - Test suite completes with same results as when executed from the CLI which runs successfully to completion.

Actual Behavior - Script fails in Jenkins project. Full text from Jenkins console is attached…Jenkins Console Output.txt (78.9 KB)

Key lines about the error:
2020-04-22 09:51:09.349 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - ? Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to open browser with url: ‘’

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary

hi,
add this
C:<KatalonProject path>\settings\internal\com.kms.katalon.core.webui.chrome.properties
{“CHROME_DRIVER”:{“args”:["–no-sandbox","–disable-infobars"]}}

and try

I made that change but the result is the same. Since I am using Chrome headless will the same args work if I update C:\settings\internal\com.kms.katalon.core.webui.chrome (headless).properties file?

You need to install chrome.

This gives it away: cannot find Chrome binary

If you already have chrome installed, then it can’t find it.

On linux, try whereis google-chrome. If it brings up nothing, then you need to add google-chrome to your $PATH

On windows, try copying the entire Chrome folder to the default installation directory C:\Program Files\

hi,

I am running with this string
katalonc -noSplash -runMode=console -reportFolder="%WORKSPACE%/Reports" -projectPath="%WORKSPACE%\KatalonProject.prj" -retry=0 -testSuiteCollectionPath=“Test Suites/RegressionTestSuiteCollection” -browserType=“Chrome (headless)” -apiKey=d442fd1d-ecf9-4c87-99d6-7bca550a345c
if ERRORLEVEL 1 set ERRORLEVEL=0
and no issues

your issue is related to chrome and chromedriver which are not match?

or try

WebUI.openBrowser(‘https://www.google.com’) instead of WebUI.openBrowser(’’)

Chrome was installed at the default location for Windows 10 but Jenkins could not find it. Copying the Chrome folder from default location to C:\Program Files (x86) resolved the problem.

Thank you Lewis