Test passes on local machine but fails in TestCloud (run from Katalon Studio)

Hello,

Please advise what is the problem with the test in TestCloud.
The test fails in a TestCloud but is successfully passes on the local machine. I tried to add delay. The same result. The elements are visible in any screen sizes.

Thank you in advance for your help!

@kazurayam Element is not Visible the if test is run in a Cloud.

Does TestCloud performs tests om headless browsers?
I have the same error for test run locally on headless browser.

How about trying enhanced click keyword?

The problem is that the TestCloud (as well as headless browser) opens the browser in another way. Or the agent of TestCloud/headless browser can’t be identified as desktop screen. Elements are not visible (hiden) on small screens.

Quote from java - element not interactable exception in selenium web automation - Stack Overflow

“element not interactable” error can mean two things :
a. Element has not properly rendered:

b. Element has rendered but it is not in the visible part of the screen:
Solution is just to scroll till the element.

1 Like

I need to configure the test another way for TestCloud (I run the test from KS). Because the new clickable element appears if device type = mobile/tablet and the scenario to interact with the same test objects is changed (for small screens)

@kazurayam could you please clarify how to inherit screen size settings ( Project > Settings > Desired Capabilities > WebUI ) for TestCloud and headless browser?
Thank you for your help!

I just don’t know.
I don’t use TestCloud. I know nothing about it.

1 Like

For headless mode, you have to pass the --window-size argument to the driver. e.g. --window-size=1920,1080.
how to do that, either from Project settings > Desired capabilities or through java code, it’s up to you, we don’t know how you implemented your testcases.

see for example: selenium webdriver - How can I set the browser window size when using `google-chrome --headless`? - Stack Overflow

1 Like