Self-healing option not working as expected

Hi,

We are facing 2 issues in self healing option
issue1:
“Configure default locator” option is not working under self healing option

Issue2:
After executing test suite with 2 Test cases, After running the test case with broken xpath it should go for next option css or attribute or image but here katalon is retrying the same option xpath 12 times and then its going for next locator .
And also if the self-healing is able to find the webelement in first test case and again in the second test case it is not using the self healed option from test case1, But it is trying to find the element (self-healing) from scratch.

Please let me know the solution ASAP

Thanks
Anusha

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

Hi @anusha.krao, :wave:

Welcome to our forum!

Did you know, that we are currently running our quarterly Ask Katalon Anything (AKA) activity on the forum? From now till 2024-06-19T16:59:00Z, feel free to ask our Product Support team any Katalon-related questions about setting up & optimize Katalon for your projects, alongside best practices for Web/Mobile/API Testing.

Join AKA by visiting the thread below (simply copy and paste your question in the thread) :point_down:

Hi,

We are facing 2 issues in self healing option
issue1:
“Configure default locator” option is not working under self healing option

Issue2:
After executing test suite with 2 Test cases, After running the test case with broken xpath it should go for next option css or attribute or image but here katalon is retrying the same option xpath 12 times and then its going for next locator .
And also if the self-healing is able to find the webelement in first test case and again in the second test case it is not using the self healed option from test case1, But it is trying to find the element (self-healing) from scratch.

Please let me know the solution ASAP

Thanks
Anusha

Hi @anusha.krao ,

Thank you for sharing your issues.

• With the 1st issue, please read the guide for configuring the Self-healing option here carefully: Configure default locator
  • With 2nd issue, I believe that if you configure the Self-healing option correctly, this can be resolved.

Thank you!