Select option by value problem

I’m having trouble with select option by value. I don’t know what seem to be the problem. When i run the video, it just skip the steps for selecting and changing the value. Later it just show the value has been change and stuck at that page.

est Cases/Dcheq2 FAILED because (of) Unable to select option by value ‘MM020000—Save’ of object ‘Object Repository/Dcheq2/Page_INReport/select_Basic Group Codes—Sav’ using regular expression (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element

WebUI.openBrowser(‘’)

WebUI.maximizeWindow()

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_Reporting Management System/input_txtUserID’), ‘’)

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.sendKeys(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_Reporting Management System/input_txtUserID’), Keys.chord(Keys.ENTER))

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.acceptAlert()

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/a_Administration’))

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Spy-Web/Page_INReport/a_ACCESS CONTROL’))

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/a_Task Assignment’))

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.selectOptionByValue(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/select_Admin Administrators Br’), ‘Administrators’, true)

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.selectOptionByValue(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/select_Basic Group Codes—Sav’), ‘MM020000—Save’, true)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/input_cmdAdd’))

WebUI.selectOptionByValue(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/select_Basic Group Codes—Vie’), ‘MM020000—View’, true)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/input_cmdAdd’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/input_cmdSave’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/button_Back’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/a_HOME’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/a_Sign out’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Dcheq2/Page_INReport/button_Confirm’))

WebUI.closeBrowser()

Assuming your target element is an HTML SELECT element and further assuming the value you are trying to select is ‘MM020000—Save’ then I suspect you do NOT want to use a regex.

Try this:

WebUI.selectOptionByValue(findTestObject('Dcheq2/Page_INReport/select_Basic Group Codes---Sav'), 'MM020000---Save')

Nothing change… The error still happen

For example, the one that I circle is the value that I want it to move to the right box. When do it during recording it work just fine. When I watch the video, the value is able to move to the right box but in very fast mode. I tried using delay or waitforelementclickable but the process still in fast mode like it just skip the process where i move the value using the move button… Then it get stuck on this page. My plan is to move the two value to the right box and save it. Even the value is move, the page got stuck in here.

Untitled.png

Can anyone guide me please

You should probably open you own forum question rather than tag onto a 3 year old one and perhaps give a little bit of information on what you want assistance with.

If you have want to operate something like the above Selection box, then you could try to use the Web Spy or Web Record and see what that achieves.