Running with Katalon Docker image causes: NoSuchElementException on Ubuntu?

Hi,

After recently making the switch to the Katalon Docker image I was running our regression suites, and some of our test cases are now failing with a NoSuchElementException on the same step in the Ubuntu environment.

When running locally (W10) I have no issue whatsoever to locate the element.

After trying several work arounds, different locators for the element, using fluent waits and even having the html-source printed to the console. I finally gave in and decided to ask the community for some insight.

The application under test is using Ember to generate a wormhole-element. This wormhole has some switching content depending on the selected element of a form, in this case it would have the contents of a dropdown in the form.
When looking at the printed source code in the Jenkins console, it appears as if the element has no content:

<div id=“ember-basic-dropdown-wormhole”></div>

(I will add the code block from my windows machine as a comment, since I am pretty bad using this formatting… )

The error thrown is:

org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchElementException: no such element: Unable to locate element: {“method”:“css selector”,“selector”:“.ember-power-select-search-input”}

Where the ember-power-select-search-input element should be part of the wormhole content.

As far as I can tell Xvfb is running, but I am not sure if I need to add some configuration when using the Docker image (this is my first experience with Docker images other than spinning up an image of an application locally for test purposes).

Anyway I hope I am missing something stupid, and someone can point out my stupid mistake :slight_smile:

Here’s to a bright New Year
Alex

This is how the source-code for the wormhole-element should look:

<div id="ember-basic-dropdown-wormhole"><!---->
        <div id="ember-basic-dropdown-content-ember23" class="ember-view ember-basic-dropdown-content ember-basic-dropdown-content--left
            ember-basic-dropdown-content--below
            ember-basic-dropdown--transitioned-in
             ember-power-select-dropdown " style="width: 501px; left: 24px; top: 489.5px;">

<div class="ember-power-select-search">
    <input autocomplete="off" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="off" spellcheck="false" role="combobox" class="ember-power-select-search-input" aria-activedescendant="ember23-0" aria-controls="ember-power-select-options-ember23" aria-haspopup="listbox" type="search">
  </div>

<ul role="listbox" id="ember-power-select-options-ember23" class="ember-power-select-options">
<!---->        <li class="ember-power-select-option" id="ember23-0" aria-selected="false" aria-current="true" data-option-index="0" role="option">

<span data-test-field-uri="https://data.vlaanderen.be/id/concept/BesluitDocumentType/18833df2-8c9e-4edd-87fd-b5c252337349">
      Budgetten(wijzigingen) van besturen van de eredienst
    </span>

</li>
        <li class="ember-power-select-option" id="ember23-1" aria-selected="false" aria-current="false" data-option-index="1" role="option">

<span data-test-field-uri="https://data.vlaanderen.be/id/concept/BesluitDocumentType/672bf096-dccd-40af-ab60-bd7de15cc461">
      Jaarrekeningen van de besturen van de eredienst
    </span>

</li>
        <li class="ember-power-select-option" id="ember23-2" aria-selected="false" aria-current="false" data-option-index="2" role="option">

<span data-test-field-uri="https://data.vlaanderen.be/id/concept/BesluitDocumentType/2c9ada23-1229-4c7e-a53e-acddc9014e4e">
      Meerjarenplannen(wijzigingen) van de besturen van de eredienst
    </span>

</li>
        <li class="ember-power-select-option" id="ember23-3" aria-selected="false" aria-current="false" data-option-index="3" role="option">

<span data-test-field-uri="https://data.vlaanderen.be/id/concept/BesluitDocumentType/8e791b27-7600-4577-b24e-c7c29e0eb773">
      Notulen
    </span>

</li>
</ul>

<!---->    
        </div>
</div>