Running Katalon Studio on ubuntu 18.04 on Windows wsl

Hello everyone, I’m trying to run Katalon on Ubuntu 18.04 using a Windows virtual machine (wsl). Following the guidance on the page https://docs.katalon.com/docs/get-started/katalon-studio-installation/install-katalon-studio-for-linux-gui#start-katalon-studio--in-linux. I did not succeed.

The following error appears in the log. But I can’t figure out which libraries I need to install to make it work.

Here’s the log:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2023-09-29 16:06:59.662
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
no swt-pi4-gtk-4934r6 in java.library.path: /usr/java/packages/lib:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/jni:/lib:/usr/lib
no swt-pi4-gtk in java.library.path: /usr/java/packages/lib:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/jni:/lib:/usr/lib
Can’t load library: /home/pedrosgoncalves/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-pi4-gtk-4934r6.so
Can’t load library: /home/pedrosgoncalves/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-pi4-gtk.so

at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:342)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:256)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:90)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:209)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:155)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:164)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:760)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:166)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.WorkbenchApplicationStarter.start(WorkbenchApplicationStarter.java:21)
at com.kms.katalon.application.Application.runGUI(Application.java:191)
at com.kms.katalon.application.Application.start(Application.java:102)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1420)
2 Likes

Hi @pedrocdz
Welcome to the Katalon community

correct me if I’m wrong you are trying to run Katalon on Ubuntu 18.04.

Download the file using the below link on your Ubuntu machine
https://backend.katalon.com/download-lastest-version?platform=linux_64&type_download=kse

Extract the file using Zip Extractor

Double-click on the Katalon Studio icon.

if you are facing the issue in SWT Libraries it may be due to the java version you are using may be different 64 bit /32 bit
pls refer to the following link for answers

Hi,

As @bharathi.a mentioned, it may be due to the java version in use and the Katalon version in use.
katalon older than 9.0.0 require openjdk-8.
starting from 9.0.0, openjdk-17 is needed.
See the following doc:

please look doc Supported environments for Katalon Studio and Katalon Runtime Engine (KRE) | Katalon Docs