Reports does not have the details of what was done inside the child test case. How can i make this available?

I have a test case A which calls Test cases B to Z to complete the test based on multiple conditions.
The Test case A was added to the test suite and it runs successfully.
But in the test report, only the steps being done on Test case A is displayed. However, I want to show the steps done inside Test cases B to Z as well.

1 Like

I tried to reproduce your case on my machine.

I made a Test Case “TC_A” as this:

import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI
import static com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCaseFactory.findTestCase

WebUI.comment("TC_A started")
WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase("TC_B"), [:])
WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase("TC_Z"), [:])
WebUI.comment("TC_A finished")

I made TC_B and TC_Z like this:

import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI

WebUI.comment("TC_Z was called");

I executed a Test Suite “TS_A” which includes the TC_A, which genered a report as this:

I find the output from the TC_B and TC_Z included in the report. There seems to be no problem.

I do not understand the issue raised by the original poster.

Hi, thanks for your quick response.

Now in the above screenshot, it calls the test case and this takes you to the below:

Though the steps are run in the newly called test case, it does not show up in the report on what was done as part of this test case call.

Snip from the report:

I can not understand your point, sorry.

Can we see what is under "TEST STEP if (runEndToEnd == 1) as you have your ‘called test case’ within the if block, so what you want is likely “under” that if statement as well? Click on the plus sign (+) to the left of the if statement and I believe: Voilà. There you will find what you are looking for. And just a note the report is following your code as you have your ‘called test case’ under the if statement, so the report would also!

Hi ,

So in my case I have a parent test case and there are 2 child test cases inside the parent.
Each of these child cases are nested child test cases inside them.
When a the test is run from the parent → The test report records everything that is done on the parent, be it clicks, typetext etc. But if there are similar line of code inside the child testcases, these are not displayed in the report.

For eg:

Parent:
1 open browser
2 maximize
3 calls child test case login
4 calls child test case sign in

child test case login:

1. navigate to url
  2. call child test case userdetails

child test case sing in:

1. clicks on sign in

child test case userdetails:

1. enter username
  2. enter password
    Now in the report:
    I have records for parent 1,2,3,4 but it does not detail out what was done inside child test cases.

Could you show share the report HTML file you got?