POST request

In Katalon, I created test cases and objects for them.

Is it possible to create an object in Katalon with the type of the POST request specified by the server reference, the basic authentication and the filled header without the body. Then can I write the query parameters into the code, what would they then be inserted into the body of the object?

2 Likes

Alex,

We will release the feature allowing parameterize POST request object in 5.4 very soon. Hope that it will help to solve your case.

Trong Bui said:

Alex,

We will release the feature allowing parameterize POST request object in 5.4 very soon. Hope that it will help to solve your case.

Thank you. I look forward to it)

Hi,

How Can i use the same test case using different values

For eg :- I want to Add Multiple events in my event management system (Giving different event name)

Thanks & Regards,

Sujata

Trong Bui said:

Alex,

Hi,

I have recently started using Katalon and finding it very difficult to pass variables from a test case into a XML POST request (Restful).

Example

<TwoLetterCode>**VARIABLE**</TwoLetterCode>

Thanks

Ady

Adrian,
Please have a look at our instruction on the parameter usage: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Parameterize+a+Web+Service+object