ParceError at [row,col]:[1,1] Message: Contant is not allowed in prolog

Hi guys,

My application return XML for the request. I send the request as described below and got an error “ParceError at [row,col]:[1,1] Message: Contant is not allowed in prolog” as in the screenshot .

After clicking “OK” the response displayed in the Katalon, see screenshot "afterOKClick.png

"

Could you please clarify how to avoid this error message?

Hi, I am also getting this error, how to resolve this? Any solution? TIA

Hi, I am also getting the same error. Any solution?

“ParceError at [row,col]:[1,1] Message: Content is not allowed in prolog” — this message implies that the body of the HTTP Response is not a valid XML.

The screenshot of the original post showed the the response body.

Actually, this is not a valid XML. Therefore the warning message is appropriate. Nothing to be blamed.

In the response body, I noticed a string

<root.message@cxf.apache.org>

Taking cxcf.apche.org as key I googled and found the following page:

Apache CXF project, JAX-RS: Support for Multi-parts, …

I do not know the Apache CXF project. But I can guess that the Application Under Test of the original post was using the Apache CXF project’s artifacts. And I can see the HTTP Response body is in a MIME-Multipart format; which IS NOT XML but can contain XML documents and other various contents as parts.

The response message seems to be an instance of

I do not think that Katalon Studio is designed as a client that can digest messages in the format that SOAP-attachments defines.

You need some specially designed client software that can work with HTTP Responses in MIME-Multipart format.

I think that Katalon Studio can not handle HTTP Response in MIME Multipart format.

You should either

1. configure, if possible, your target web server app NOT to respond in MIME Multipart format (you may need to speak to the developers).
  2. use other software that can handle HTTP Response in MIME Multipart format. I made a quick search and found this