Parametrized scrolling within the recording actions

It is confusing to me why this is still not in since it’s a simple method to implement. There are apps that do not get captured completely unless the elements are in view and also I want to confirm when recording that I am actually doing an action on the element of choice without having to guess via blind locator attributes, which needless to say aren’t always easy to read or in a foreign language.

It would be nice to have Pg Down / Up buttons to scroll an entire screen (easy for capturing) and one for scrolling an exact amount of pixels which we can define as an int in a box next to the button. Scroll > Dropdown with ‘up’ & ‘down’ values > int box. Katalon already has wrappers for these functions, just add them to the recording GUI.

Hey Vivian,

Thank you for using Katalon Studio. I have logged your suggestion to the development queue for internal discussion. I will keep you updated.

Sorry for the frustration.
Liam

Hi Liam,

I appreciate the quick feedback.
No frustration though, just wondering since it’s a simple quick win with a high impact. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Vivian

I also think it would be nice to have built in keywords for Pg Down / Up to scroll an entire screen
(easy for capturing) and one for scrolling an exact amount of pixels
which we can define as an int.

Hey Vivian,
I am using Katalon Automation Recorder. My question is, how do I record scrolling in the recorder. I have quite big pages to test and I need automated scrolling in the recorder . Any help?

Many thanks,
Prachi

prachi zende said:

Hey Liam,
I am using Katalon Automation Recorder. My question is, how do I record scrolling in the recorder. I have quite big pages to test and I need automated scrolling in the recorder . Any help?

Many thanks,
Prachi

prachi zende said:

prachi zende said:

Hey Liam,

Many thanks,
Prachi

Hi Prachi,

Have you tried storeEval command to scroll? Please try this

storeEval  |  selenium.browserbot.getCurrentWindow().scrollTo(x,y)

Thank you for choosing Katalon tools set,
Liam

Thanks for your reply Liam. Can I save the command in Katalon recorder. I forgot to tell you that we only work on XML.

Hi Liam , I have pages which use lazy loading. So I need to scroll down to the end of the page till I get to see all the elements / records . Would appreciate if you could share the command

rajesh m das said:

Hi Liam , I have pages which use lazy loading. So I need to scroll down to the end of the page till I get to see all the elements / records . Would appreciate if you could share the command

Hi rajesh,

You would need to scroll to the exact position where your element is located. It’d look like as below:

Let us know if you have other questions, we are happy to help :slight_smile:

Thank you for using Katalon Recorder,
Liam

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 2.36.27 PM.png

Hi Liam, I need to scroll my page couple of times and tap on buttons using scroll it is not working and can you please let me know how to record scroll option?

Thanks
Swaroop.

Hi Liam,

Question for you, is there a way to scroll in a page based on the element locator in Kalalon IDE?