Need to verify text contains particular text in a String

I am using katalon 5.3.0 and chrome browser.
I need to verify the whether string contains a specific text.
I am searching for similar kind of contains function, which i used in selenium,
contains(test(),‘myWord’);
Can sombody tell how to verify text?

1 Like

I had a similar query where I wanted to confirm an element started with some text and found I just need to put an asterisk on the end of the search text.
So in your case, if you are looking for something which contains myWord you could try *myWord* and see if that works.

In my Test Case I have following snippet:

WebUI.openBrowser(GlobalVariable.G_SiteURL)
def text = WebUI.getText(findTestObject('Page_CuraHomepage/btn_MakeAppointment'))
WebUI.verifyMatch(text, '^Make Appo.*', true, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

see verifyMatch https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/[Common]+Verify+Match

5 Likes

You could also use the Groovy contains function:

def text = WebUI.getText(findTestObject('your object'))
if (text.contains('myWord')) {
        //your code here
}
6 Likes

Mate Mrse said:

You could also use the Groovy contains function:

def text = WebUI.getText(findTestObject('your object'))

if (text.contains(‘myWord’)) {
//your code here
}

I am using a very similar function, but an error message appears: Test Case FAILED because (of) Variable ‘contains’ is not defined for test case.

This is my function:

url= WebUI.getUrl()

if(url.contains.(‘print’)){

println(“hola”)

}

I don’t understand the reason of this, do you know what can I do to solve this? Thanks!

if(url.contains.('print'))

should be:

if(url.contains('print'))

(You have an extra ‘.’)

2 Likes

I can’t believe this, I had been watching the expression for a long time without realizing! Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hi Team,

I am using the keyword Verify Text present on a page , where I need to find Text containing special character 'roundbraces () ’ Eg Task File 01 (TIF - Colour) , it does not detect the text because it has got round braces? can anyone help me with this?

Hi folks,
The following works for me but I am seeing a strikethrough on contains (see below) in Katalon’s Script view. Has anyone else seen this warning in Katalon?

def MyText = WebUI.getText(findTestObject(‘KatEx1/Page_CURA Healthcare Service/a_Make Appointment’))

if (MyText .contains(‘Make’)) {

println(‘MyText=’ + MyText)

Thanks,
Dave

2 Likes

@Dave Evers

http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/comment/25120/#Comment_25120

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming my thoughts that contains is something that can be ignored.

Cheers,
Dave

You are welcome.

Yea ! best solved problem :smiley: Groovy functions is more often better ty so much !!! :smiley:

@Mate_Mrse the page is not available anymore… is there other info?

Yes, I have ever seen it. It is a bug of Eclipse. Please have a look at the following discussion.

It is the discussion Kazurayam posted just below your post (Groovy “Contains” function deprecated).

There is an easier way to assert text:
WebUI.verifyElementText((findTestObject(‘Your_Object’), ‘Expected_Text’’)

1 Like

This will verify whole string; we have to find the partial text contains in a string.
example- find text ‘easier’ from string “There is an easier way to assert text:”

@ [kazurayam] solution provided above worked for me. Thanks