Mobile Testing - Not able to record (Unable to Perform Tap action)

Hi,
I am trying to record the steps on mobile testing where my mobile is connected via usb and I am using vysor to work with katalon for mobile testing. While recording, I tapped on my mobile’s screen, but I am unable to do so. I am getting this error:

com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Object androidx.recyclerview.widget.RecyclerView not found
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:51)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.util.MobileActionHelper.tap(MobileActionHelper.java:126)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.recorder.handlers.RecordActionPerformHandler.performAction(RecordActionPerformHandler.java:160)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.recorder.components.MobileRecorderDialog$2$1.call(MobileRecorderDialog.java:503)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.components.impl.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.startThreadAndWait(ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.java:36)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.components.impl.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.runAndWait(ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.java:48)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.recorder.components.MobileRecorderDialog$2.run(MobileRecorderDialog.java:495)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Please help.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know. Can you please double-check the “Recycler View” in your script? I found this discussion about the error : android - RecyclerView is missing - Stack Overflow

1 Like

The error was resolved. Thanks, Elly