Maybe wrong documentation

Hello,

I didn’t know where to post this so I posted in Bug Reports.
When looking at documentation on verify element visible https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/%5BWebUI%5D+Verify+Element+Visible, it is written that you are required to pass param timeOut. When written in katalon studio I get “No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.verifyElementVisible() is applicable for argument types: (com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, java.lang.Integer, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling)”

Am I doing something wrong, or is it possible that documentation is outdated and refering to some older implementation of verifyElementVisible()

I am using Katalon Studio 5.4.2

Best regards
Ismar

Hello Ismar,

Where java.lang.Integer is in the example is where you want to put your time out in seconds so for example it would be something like

WebUI.verifyElementVisible(findTestObject('Page_Login/btn_Login'), 10, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

or if you want to have a single variable you could put that in place of the 10

1 Like

Hello Tyler,

First of all, thank you for your response.

Yes, I am aware that Integer is just a class name and I am required to provide and Integer object. My error message proves that I have passed an iteger. Try pasting your own code into katalon studio and you will get the same error message as me. The reason is because Katalon studio can’t find function verifyElementVisible that accepts 3 params. Either the implementation has a problem or documentation is outdated.

Even if you copy paste the example code (and change TestingObject with your own) from documentation it will result with same exception (MissingMethodException)

Best regards
Ismar

Hello again,

Ah, I see the issue at hand more clearly. That method/keyword is making sure that the element passed to it is visible within the viewport, although even if it is it is still failing. I have tried putting a delay and having it scroll to the element before looking at it but again to no avail to get it to work. If the web app you are working on is using show/hide functions you may be able to use verifyElementPresent instead in order to validate if something is there as it will either be in the DOM or not at that point. For my personal scripts I have only used the element present methods so far and I have not had too much experience with the element visible.

Hope this may help you in further testing,