Katalon Studio 7.0.4 Mobile testing: unable to start Appium server

Hi,

I am not able to use mobile recorder or mobile object spy in Katalon Studio 7.0.4, I got this error message ‘Fail to start Appium server in 60 seconds’, can someone help me?

Please note, Mobile recorder or mobile object spy is working fine using Katalon Studio 6.2.2 with Appium 1.13.0.

is it the Appium version: Appium-windows-1.13.0 not compated withe Katalon Studio 7.0.4. Do I need to install the latest version of Appium ?

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.kms.katalon.core.appium.exception.AppiumStartException: Fail to start Appium server in 60 seconds
at com.kms.katalon.composer.components.impl.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.runAndWait(ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.java:49)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.components.MobileLocalAppComposite$12.run(MobileLocalAppComposite.java:474)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Caused by: com.kms.katalon.core.appium.exception.AppiumStartException: Fail to start Appium server in 60 seconds
at com.kms.katalon.core.appium.driver.AppiumDriverManager.startAppiumServerJS(AppiumDriverManager.java:267)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.dialog.MobileInspectorController.startExistingApp(MobileInspectorController.java:136)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.components.MobileLocalAppComposite$12$1.call(MobileLocalAppComposite.java:482)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.components.impl.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.startThreadAndWait(ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.java:36)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.components.impl.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.runAndWait(ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.java:48)
… 2 more