Katalon issue on update to 7.9.1

Hello,

I have updated katalon to 7.9.1 and now i am having this error:

What does this mean?

Thank you

Hi @anuradha,
Can you share with us the .classpath file in your project folder?

Hi @huynguyen, where is the file?

Hi @anuradha,
It is a hidden file. You have to show the hidden files first.

What is the path pls?even when i search it i cannot find it

The file is called…

.classpath

Note it starts with a DOT.

It resides in the root of your project folder:

Hi @Russ_Thomas i cannot find it at all. I have opened all the files and checked but did not find it.Maybe because it is in my gitignore file though i dont think this may be the reason.

Also i dont have the .groovy and .settings as well.

Is it not okay to ignore it?

@huynguyen asked to you post your .classpath file

Why would you want to ignore it?

I used a template for the gitignore did not really had the need for it until today. Been one year already.
Was new to this tool and had used one i saw from github. I agree was a work done without much knowledge.
I did not have any issues with it to implement the docker to run my tests and ui so far it was ok until today.

The line i had issue i commented it and the error was gone but i am still getting some warnings from the keywords that were working fine. so i am not really sure what i should do now.

It is ok to ignore it from the git point of view, since it has no value for pushing it. It is dynamicaly generated every time you run katalon.
It is on your pc anyway
Just set your file browser to show hidden files as sugested

But i cannot find it at all now. Unless i am not searching it in the correct way

From your first pic look like you are using an linux distro. Just hit ‘ctrl+h’
Or search from the terminal the dot files (ls - al)

@anon46315158 @Russ_Thomas @huynguyen
I got it. Sorry I feel so stupid.
Here you go:
classpath.txt (21.8 KB)
Just to add i was using this post to find the classpath and did not find it:

Not sure if i went in the wrong direction but i was confused as i did not find the file in lib.

:man_facepalming:

Can’t win them all.

Sometime the devil is in details

I also got kind of the same issue in custom keywords after updating to Katalon version 7.9.1. Can someone advise please how to fix?

change them to:

import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords as WS
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI
import com.kms.katalon.core.windows.keyword.WindowsBuiltinKeywords as Windows
1 Like

When I load my project from Katalon 7.8.2 version to 7.9.1 I face the below issue

2021-02-11 11:41:31.808 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - ❌ Unable to call Test Case 'Test Cases/Ads_Batch Calls/API Calls and Process/RequestNetworkLogs' (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Call Test Case 'Test Cases/Ads_Batch Calls/API Calls and Process/RequestNetworkLogs' failed at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.builtin.CallTestCaseKeyword$_callTestCase_closure1.doCall(CallTestCaseKeyword.groovy:63) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.builtin.CallTestCaseKeyword$_callTestCase_closure1.call(CallTestCaseKeyword.groovy) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.runKeyword(KeywordMain.groovy:68) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.builtin.CallTestCaseKeyword.callTestCase(CallTestCaseKeyword.groovy:81) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.builtin.CallTestCaseKeyword.execute(CallTestCaseKeyword.groovy:44) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:73) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.BuiltinKeywords.callTestCase(BuiltinKeywords.groovy:334) at Verify the functionality of an ad fail.run(Verify the functionality of an ad fail:104) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:398) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:389) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:368) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:360) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:255) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source) at TempTestCase1613036448065.run(TempTestCase1613036448065.groovy:25) Caused by: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to send request (Root cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in query at index 432: https://automate.browserstack.com/s3-upload/bs-selenium-logs-********************************, selenium_logs_url=https://automate.browserstack.com/}} at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.DefaultHttpRequest.<init>(DefaultHttpRequest.java:14) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.buildHttpRequest(RestfulClient.java:29) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.buildHttpRequest(RestfulClient.java:1) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.BasicRequestor.send(BasicRequestor.java:55) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.helper.WebServiceCommonHelper.sendRequest(WebServiceCommonHelper.java:28) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.builtin.SendRequestKeyword$_sendRequest_closure1.doCall(SendRequestKeyword.groovy:42) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.builtin.SendRequestKeyword$_sendRequest_closure1.call(SendRequestKeyword.groovy) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.runKeyword(KeywordMain.groovy:68) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.builtin.SendRequestKeyword.sendRequest(SendRequestKeyword.groovy:38) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.builtin.SendRequestKeyword.execute(SendRequestKeyword.groovy:33) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:73) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords.sendRequest(WSBuiltInKeywords.groovy:40) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords$sendRequest.call(Unknown Source) at RequestNetworkLogs.run(RequestNetworkLogs:48) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:398) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:389) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:368) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:360) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:255) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.builtin.CallTestCaseKeyword$_callTestCase_closure1.doCall(CallTestCaseKeyword.groovy:59) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.builtin.CallTestCaseKeyword$_callTestCase_closure1.call(CallTestCaseKeyword.groovy) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.runKeyword(KeywordMain.groovy:68) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.builtin.CallTestCaseKeyword.callTestCase(CallTestCaseKeyword.groovy:81) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.builtin.CallTestCaseKeyword.execute(CallTestCaseKeyword.groovy:44) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:73) at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.BuiltinKeywords.callTestCase(BuiltinKeywords.groovy:334) at Verify the functionality of an ad fail.run(Verify the functionality of an ad fail:104) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:398) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:389) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:368) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:360) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:255) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105) at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source) at TempTestCase1613036448065.run(TempTestCase1613036448065.groovy:25)

It seems that the issue is on the comma(,)