Katalon is not installing app in android 7.0

I have been struggling with an error for few days, where katalon is not able to install app in the Android 7.0 but it is working fine for other Android versions. I am not able to identify what is the issue. Can anyone help me out? This is very urgent.

Console error is:

07-11-2018 05:37:19 PM - [FAILED] - Test Cases/New Test Case FAILED because (of) Unable to start app at: ‘E:\apk\xyz.apk’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Error executing adbExec. Original error: ‘Command ‘C\:\\Users\\abc\.katalon\\tools\\android_sdk\\platform-tools\\adb.exe -P 5037 -s 4200873ddada84a3 install -g ‘E:\\apk\\xyz.apk’’ exited with code 1’; Stderr: ‘adb: failed to install E:\apk\xyz.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed to collect certificates from /data/app/vmdl1657666614.tmp/base.apk: META-INF/CERT.SF indicates /data/app/vmdl1657666614.tmp/base.apk is signed using APK Signature Scheme v2, but no such signature was found. Signature stripped?]’; Code: ‘1’ (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Command duration or timeout: 63.12 seconds

2 Likes

Have same problem with Android 8.0

Hi, I haven’t experienced this issue myself, but according to some Android documentation, it may have to do with how the APK is being signed. It looks like you need to use zipalign then apksigner.

If the signing process is something you can control, then you can follow the instructions here:

https://developer.android.com/studio/publish/app-signing#signing-manually

Otherwise, you may need to consult with your developers to make a change.

Hope this helps,

Chris