Katalon.exe fails to run - unable to locate companion library

After downloading and extracting to a local folder katalon.exe fails to run.
Error: “The Katalon executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.”
Does anyone have any idea how can I fix it, looking at a previous discussions the solution was to “extract fully” - I have extracted the zip file into a Katalon folder that I created.

Maybe the problem is about your unzipper program, please try to use another: 7Zip or Winrar.

Thanks

I was already using 7zip but using WINRAR did the trick. Many Thanks for your suggestion

Have the same issue but on Linux. Any help there? (Can’t install WinRAR on Linux)

Are you trying to use Katalon.exe on Linux?

Katalon.exe is for Windows only, you will never be able to use it on Linux.

no Katalonc (KRE)
EG: ./katalonc -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=""....

./katalonc -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath="/home/nonadmin/Documents/iXKatalon/iXKatalon.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Pipelines/TS_Test_Pipeline" -browserType="Chrome (headless)" -executionProfile="default" -apiKey="###" -orgID=### --config -proxy.auth.option=NO_PROXY -proxy.system.option=NO_PROXY -proxy.system.applyToDesiredCapabilities=true -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true

@duyluong

Could you help?

@mark.bain1,

What kind of OS are you using?
Have you installed OpenJDK 8 on your machine?

OS = Debian 11.6
and yse we are using OpenJDK 8 (even upgraded to 11 to see if that might fix things. but didn’t. so reverted back to 8)

I don’t know if this makes a difference, but from the box (base OS) we are generating a VM and running Katalon / tests on the VM

aaand … what is the OS and jdk version on the VM?

Sorry, the VM IS running Debian 11 and OpenJDK 8.