Katalon and Azure Dev Ops - really basic question

Hi All,

ok a couple of really basic questions to get me started, your help and guidance will be appreciated :slight_smile:

If I run my Katalon project from Azure DevOps is it actually running on my local PC or on Azure ?

If it is running on Azure, then why is there a parameter pointing at my project on my local PC ? Do I need to keep my PC switch on so it can get my project to run it?

My idea scenario is not to rely on my local PC and to run my project under Azure Dev Ops. Can I upload my project to Azure Dev Ops and run it all from there?

Lastly, I have read that Katalon TestOps, has a similar feature in that I can run my project remotely (great), but I need to use Amazon Kubernetes (EKS) or Circle CI, but TestOps does not integrate with Azure Dev Ops?.

The other option in TestOps is to use an agent to on my local PC, which again has a dependency on having my PC switched on?

So, hopefully this makes sense and Iā€™m looking forward to some guidance

thanks
Ian

Hi @ian.callicott,

If I run my Katalon project from Azure DevOps is it actually running on my local PC or on Azure?

Each CI/CD job in Azure DevOps will run in the Agents. It can be Microsoft-hosted agents or Self-hosted agents (local machines).

You can follow this official document for Microsoft to register Self-hosted agents if you want to run the pipeline on local: Azure Pipelines Agents - Azure Pipelines | Microsoft Learn

My idea scenario is not to rely on my local PC and to run my project under Azure Dev Ops. Can I upload my project to Azure Dev Ops and run it all from there?

You can upload your project from local to Azure Repository then use Katalon Azure DevOps extensions to run the pipeline.