Iterating rows through csv file - What am i missing url 1, url 2, url 3 ect. How to call to row number? loadvars and storeCsv

I’m working in Catalon Recorder 5.9. Screenshot is included. I have I believe to correctly put my storeCsv and loadvars endloadvars in. but it keeps saying " [info] Store undefined into myurl" so I’m thinking that when I’m asking open ${myurl} i am supposed to give it further instructions on iterating through the rows?

I read about all these forums i could find on this. that is how i got this far.

[info] Executing: | storeCsv | data.csv,0,myurl | myurl |

[info] Store undefined into myurl

[info] Executing: | loadVars | data.csv | |

[info] Executing: | open | ${myurl} | ${rowIndex} + 1 |

[info] Expand variable ‘${rowIndex} + 1’ into ‘${rowIndex} + 1’

[info] Expand variable ‘${myurl}’ into ‘${myurl}’

[info] Executing: | pause | 3000 | |

[info] Expand variable ‘3000’ into ‘3000’

[info] Executing: | captureEntirePageScreenshot | mf-display | |

I found other versions of iterating through rows like the following

${rowIndex} + 1

But i am lost. i would not know how to put that together.

I need help ressurecting my thing here. at this point i am just screenshoting each url that is in the spreadsheet.

As a note i do not have a header row in my csv but i do not care if it skips the first becasue it is not working at all. it is repeatedly opeing a google 404 page and screeen shotting it. so it is iterating. but it is not catching the new url value and going to that website.

I am uploading screenshots that show the executions are sequentially happeing and you can see url values in the variables but it is not going to that page. it is going to google 404 sites.

my is similar to ![Screenshot 2024-01-29 5.41.16 PM|690x388](upload://7Q81lMVXe6Flnbp3vN4tQZdhnK3.png) ![Screenshot 2024-01-29 5.41.50 PM|690x388](upload://2Oa5P4WVejHw0wQfaCBSGS7eEEU.png)

I have done this with and without row index. here is a screenshot of the urls

a sample of one is

The exact test case i have is

1 Like


I think your issue is similar to this: How can I run my test case on URL#1, then on URL#2, then on URL#3, and so on - #6 by Yeku. Can you give it a try? Thank you!

@Elly_Tran I suspect that there may be a bug here (which is present in v6.0.3 as well).

I’ve been working on a new script this week, and went to use storeCsv (and tried with loadVars) using Chrome v122.0.6261.132 (not tried with v123, but I doubt it’d make a difference, have also tried with v120) and noticed that when attempting to individually execute storeCsv it would return an unknown command error.

When I execute it as a part of the script (not stand-alone) it reports no errors, but also never passes any value into the related variable either. So, the undefined issue is a symptom of the problem, not the cause here, I believe.

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.


Uncertain how long this issue has existed for, but wasn’t experiencing it myself with CSV driven scripts late last year.

FWIW, attempted to disable and re-enable local file access just in case it may be down to system access (or the likes), but this had no impact. Likewise, utilised long-standing pre-existing scripts (not modified in ages), as something to compare against, and these failed in an identical way.

If nothing has changed from KAR’s code-base here, then maybe it represents a change in the way Chrome works in more recent versions, too.

Tagging here too :slight_smile:

1 Like