Issue in Katalon 7.9.1 in API methods sendRequest/ sendRequestAndVerify

Katalon version: 7.9.1

Since the update, I am getting an error in a way of making API request that is forcing me to change the way of making API calls. Earlier I was using ‘findtestobject’ for API’s and now a new update is forcing me to change my code throughout the project. Not even sure if the new way of declaration will even work properly.

Please advise as I have not changed anything and the new update 7.9.1 has broken things for me that was working well and good.

Screenshot

Please show your test case script entirely.

Possibly your code has this:

import WSBuiltInKeywords as WS

This should be changed to:

import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords as WS

@kazurayam here is the complete test case script with imports

Your code looks OK.

Please try building the project cleanly with KS v7.9.1.

1. stop Katalon Studio
  2. delete <projectDir>/bin directory
  3. delete <projectDir>/Libs directory
  4. delete <projectDir>/.classpath file
  5. delete <projectDir>/.project file
  6. restart Katalon Studio, open the project, run your test
1 Like

Thanks for your solution steps but still NO LUCK :frowning: I am still getting same error.
Also, getting blacked out javadoc.

screenshot

Tried few things - I also tried creating a new project just to check just incase my main project has any issues. Seems like even the new project is having the same issues.

screenshot

The blacked-out java doc is resolved by installing a fresh new version of KSE. But API send and verify request method issue still persist.

The last thing to do. Please share your Katalon Studio logs

• Windows logs folder: \config.metadata.log

• macOS logs folder: file:///Applications/Katalon%20Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/config/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/log

In order to minimize it,

1. stop Katalon Studio
  2. delete the log file
  3. restart Katalon Studio, open the project
  4. stop KS again, collect the log file
1 Like

After installing new version of KSE 7.9.1 and clean up of directories you suggested previously resolved my issues. :white_check_mark:

Just why my method is still underlined?

I have found out a way to make Katalon Studio stop complaining.

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject

import com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling
import com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.RequestObject
import com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ResponseObject
import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords as WS

ResponseObject test = WS.sendRequestAndVerify(
        (RequestObject)findTestObject("New Request"), FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

I explicitly casted a TestObject instance to RequestObject.

In my humble opinion, Katalon should have provided com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findRequestObject method which returns an instance of RequestObject. If so, I could write:

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findRequestObject
ResponseObject test = WS.sendRequestAndVerify(
        findRequestObject("New Request"), FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

This will not cause WS.sendRequestAndVerify displayed underlined. I think this code is intuitive, is cleaner than explicit type casting as above.

@ThanhTo

Would you record this suggestion to your backlog?

1 Like

Thanks, @kazurayam for the workaround, but this will also force me to change my references at multiple places and that looks like a huge task at this point unless there is any other way to ‘replace all’ kind of thing that I can use.

Use sed, outside from katalon.

í will close this