Is there a way to extract a profile into a csv?

Yes. An overhaul would be nice. I would think that Katalon would have concerns for losing market share to tools that pay more attention to their user base.

Feel free to open a feature request and wait for feedback.
I am tired of doing such and being ignored (and I have a strong feeling I am not the only one from the comunity in this regard)

Iā€™m actually a little dismayed there is no staff response to any of the suggestions made in this thread. To me, calling something a ā€œplatformā€ without these facilities is stretching the meaning of the term beyond its accepted usage.

@vu.tran @albert.vu @mike.verinder @Coty

EDIT: I moved this thread to Feature Requests. Letā€™s see.

Hey Team,
If you submit a feature request or if you report an issue (bug). All of these are reviewed and prioritized by the product team for scoping into future releases. Thereā€™s a lot going on at Katalon, from new products and new features to yes, even bug fixes. Scoping these releases takes a quite crafty hand. While it might be comforting to share what is scoped in roadmap, the hesitation in sharing that information is simply sometimes things fall out of scope (for a number of reasons).
(Thatā€™s why you never see Apple fixes communicated out until the product is delivered)

That said. As I was reading the above threads I noticed the amazing job some of our community members are doing as it relates to sharing ā€œhow to linksā€ and mentoring where they can. thank you all for caring and supporting each other. Thatā€™s what community is about.

2 Likes

Hi folks,

Thank you very much for your patience. I have raised a ticket to our product team and will inform you if there is any update or respond from their end.

@mike.verinder Hi Mike,

Let me guess, you are either a new hire in Katalon company or an old member promoted to a certain management position.
My best guess will be Product Manager or Product Owner, altough I started to have some doubts that Katalon is using a certain Agile methodology ā€¦ but this is just my opinion.

So you have started to take the pulse of the comunity by raising various topics here and there ā€¦ to get a better understanding of the product and use-cases.
Which is not a bad thing.

As for your answers:

If you submit a feature request or if you report an issue (bug). All of these are reviewed and prioritized by the product team for scoping into future releases

• Yeah right, we heard that many times

Thereā€™s a lot going on at Katalon, from new products and new features to yes, even bug fixes.

• We are not stupid. We know there is a lot going on. We only doubt the focus is on the rights priorities, from our point of view
  • You may like to either re-phrase that, or take some action.
    Lack of visible feedback is the main concern for us, old members, and for new members too.
    Which can be read also like ā€œKatalon is overhelmed and do not have a clear pathā€.
    AKA lack of proper management.

That said, welcome to the comunity!

Thanks for your feedback bionel.
A little about me. Iā€™ve been leading Automation teams for a little over 20 years.
for the last 15 years, Iā€™ve also have a small little Selenium User Group I created on Linkedin.
(we have around 190,000 members). The Katalon team knows Iā€™ve always been a fan of Katalon and asked me to come into the Katalon family as the Chief Community Advocate.

Hereā€™s a link to my Linkedin profile if youā€™d like to know more about me. Feel free to connect with me if you like :slight_smile:

(4) Mike Verinder | LinkedIn

Have a great day !

1 Like

Mr. Bionel,

I believe youā€™ve effectively made your point. Itā€™s now time to let Katalon act. Continuing to berate the Katalon team accomplishes nothing.

Cheers!

Thanks for the intro Mike. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Itā€™s always good to know that thereā€™s a user advocate on the tool vendor side.

Regards,

James Irlbeck

bionel is just enough, but thx :slight_smile:

I am sorry to say, but you will have a lot of bad stuff to deal with, with regards to Katalon actual image.
I wish you luck!
you have a lot of stuff to repair, so i already hear your scream.