Install Katalon on Linux

Good afternoon,

I would like to install Katalon on Linux (Ubuntu 14). I’ve read it’s unofficially supported, but where may I find the link? Thank you.

Alright, thank you. Are you planning to release a Linux version? Even a console mode would be perfect for us.

Hi there,

I am on my want to evaluate Linux engine from our side. Its engine is actually just kind of console mode execution, and its architect is different somehow, so I can’t give out extract answer yet.

Thanks

Good morning,
You are not sure about it? I thought I would be possible since you asked the question:

Hi there,
Just want to ask a quick question what is the real purpose of using Linux version from your side? Do you want to use it as a COMPLETE IDE or just use it for execution through console mode (https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Console+Mode+Execution)?
Thanks

Linux environment is very different and I think it needs to have a dedicated version for Linux

Alright. I’ll try it. Does it matter if I choose the Windows version or the MacOS version in the Linux environment?

The device id is the unique one. You can generate it on either Windows or macOS machine and then use it in other places, its ID will not be changed

Good afternoon, I would like to know if it’s possible to run mobile tests on a Linux Machine with the console mode. It may be difficult, since I guess the device id is generated from the IDE…
Or maybe there’s a way of running mobile tests headlessly.

Best regards.

Good afternoon,

My need is to launch an execution of the tests from a Jenkins instance which is installed on a distant Linux machine. I do not need to launch the IDE on this Linux machine.

Hi there,

Just want to ask a quick question what is the real purpose of using Linux version from your side? Do you want to use it as a COMPLETE IDE or just use it for execution through console mode (https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Console+Mode+Execution)?

Thanks

Shouldn’t the MacOS version be easily portable to Linux?

Hi there,

Linux version is not developed anymore, so some core features are not working properly and have not been tested properly.Therefore, we don’t publish it or continue with its. We will inform you if there is official Linux version.

Thanks