IE-11 unable to run the test case

Hi Community someone can please assist me ,when I’m trying to run test case with Internet explorer its erroring.
Message:Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to open browser with url: ‘’

Thanks

@praveen.bachhu- Configure your IE according to given steps and try. If still you get issue share your code snippet.

Hi Ajeet,
tried the steps as mentioned in IE configurations documents, still doesn’t work. Displaying the following error for both IE-11 and Edge browsers

Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to open browser with url: ‘’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.OpenBrowserKeyword.openBrowser(OpenBrowserKeyword.groovy:81)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.OpenBrowserKeyword.execute(OpenBrowserKeyword.groovy:67)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.openBrowser(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:60)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$openBrowser.call(Unknown Source)
at Login-Angular.run(Login-Angular:20)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1561629629402.run(TempTestCase1561629629402.groovy:21)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Unable to match capability set 0: browserName must be ‘internet explorer’, but was ‘Internet explorer’
Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’
System info: host: ‘PP076’, ip: ‘192.168.12.137’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_181’
Driver info: driver.version: CInternetExplorerDriver
remote stacktrace:
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.W3CHandshakeResponse.lambda$new$0(W3CHandshakeResponse.java:57)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.W3CHandshakeResponse.lambda$getResponseFunction$2(W3CHandshakeResponse.java:104)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.lambda$createSession$0(ProtocolHandshake.java:123)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.createSession(ProtocolHandshake.java:126)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.createSession(ProtocolHandshake.java:73)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:142)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverCommandExecutor.execute(DriverCommandExecutor.java:83)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:600)
at com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CInternetExplorerDriver.execute(CInternetExplorerDriver.java:22)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:219)
at org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver.run(InternetExplorerDriver.java:223)
at org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver.(InternetExplorerDriver.java:215)
at org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver.(InternetExplorerDriver.java:192)
at com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CInternetExplorerDriver.(CInternetExplorerDriver.java:15)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory.createNewIEDriver(DriverFactory.java:417)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory.startNewBrowser(DriverFactory.java:237)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory.openWebDriver(DriverFactory.java:188)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.OpenBrowserKeyword$_openBrowser_closure1.doCall(OpenBrowserKeyword.groovy:74)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.OpenBrowserKeyword$_openBrowser_closure1.call(OpenBrowserKeyword.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:20)
… 17 more

Thanks
Praveen

@praveen.bachhu - It’s seems due to Internetexplorer driver is not compatible with Selenium. Please check again by replacing selenium jar with latest one.

Hi Ajeet,
I managed to resolve the issue, I’m not sure whether it might work for other people or not.
It is a random resolution, all I did go to settings set the following in the Desired Capabilities:


Apply and OK

Then Run the test case, notice throwing the above error.
Now go back to Settings → DesiredCapabilities → your browser option → click Clear → Apply and OK(literally you’re clearing everything ),
Now run the test case and notice the test case running successfully.

Thank you for the assistance anyway.

Hi Ajeet,
Unfortunately my resolution not working,as it seems randomly worked,as mentioned earlier
replace the selenium jar file with latest one,could you please assist me with the steps.
Thanks