I can delete a default value in a field?

Hello, the field that appears with the value “ANDRES FELIPE” comes by default when I load the web page. My wish is to remove this value and enter a new one, but it doesn’t work.

This is the code I have:

WebUI.doubleClick(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Consultar/Page_Bsqueda avanzada - Microsoft Dynamics 365/div_Escribir valor_ms-crm-Lookup ms-crm-Hid_efe464’))

WebUI.setText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Consultar/Page_Bsqueda avanzada - Microsoft Dynamics 365/input_Cliente del Pedido__ledit’),
‘DIEGO CUADROS’)

If anyone can help me, I really appreciate it.

How about clearing the textbox first before entering text?

WebUI.clearText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Consultar/Page_Bsqueda avanzada - Microsoft Dynamics 365/input_Cliente del Pedido__ledit’))

Hi, thanks for answering, but it doesn’t work. Look at the error that comes out:

The error message says that your 'Element is disabled". You should check if the identification of your element is correct to the one you believe.

Yes, I already inspected the page and that is the id of the element. Is there a function to enable the field?

Generally, the same way you would “enable” the element if you were doing the testing manually. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Dynamics 365 to know how that is done (for a specific field). In the image above, there is a “search” icon on the right-hand side. Do you need to click on that?

the manual test would be by clicking on the field and removing what is there. I try to do the same with Katalon but I get an error.

Yes, but when I inspect the image (lupita) it does not appear, then it is difficult for me to get the item. What do you recommend me?

In your very first post, you say you try to enter a new value, “but it doesn’t work”. What does it do? Does it add (concatenate) onto the text that is already there or nothing at all?

Also, have you tried:
WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Consultar/Page_Bsqueda avanzada - Microsoft Dynamics 365/input_Cliente del Pedido__ledit’))

WebUI.clearText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Consultar/Page_Bsqueda avanzada - Microsoft Dynamics 365/input_Cliente del Pedido__ledit’))

WebUI.setText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Consultar/Page_Bsqueda avanzada - Microsoft Dynamics 365/input_Cliente del Pedido__ledit’),‘DIEGO CUADROS’)

Note: you cannot just copy and paste into Eclipse (KS) as this forum supports “smart” quotes, which Eclipse does not.

As I have those steps, but when it reaches cleartext the error that the element is not enabled comes out.

Is there a function that allows me to enable this field? I have an instruction in javascipt to enable fields

No, nor should there be. That would be bad practice.

Katalon’s API set (and the selenium core beneath it) are designed to perform the same actions as a human user.

Write down the actions you perform as a human user and translate them to script statements in Katalon. When you hit a problem, post the steps and the errors you see here.

I understand that it is a bad practice, but I already published the steps I am taking and the error that is generating

Could you try to click on the object, and then set text, to see if it is enabled by a click.

try WebUI.enhancedClick
then clear text and then set text

also please share the dom element detail which you are trying to click.

What is enhancedClick() ? There is no mention of it here https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio-testing-framework/tree/master/Include/scripts/groovy/com/kms/katalon/core/webui/keyword/builtin or here

In fact the only mention of it in the entire Katalon universe seems to be three mentions of it by you.

Did you create your own custom keyword and extend WebUI?

Please share the source reference and/or the source itself.

hey, you will find the information here.

https://docs.katalon.com/javadoc/com/kms/katalon/core/webui/keyword/WebUiBuiltInKeywords.html

Its not a custom keyword.

Thank you!

@ThanhTo can you have the main docs updated please?

1 Like

Hi @Russ_Thomas

Thank you for your feedback. The document for the WebUI: Enhanced Click keyword is here.

Jass

2 Likes

We use Dynamics 365 with Katalon. All field in Dynamics are represented by a hierarchical structure. You need to find the correct element to click first to enable the field so that you can interact with it. We use a modified and improved version of easyrepro for Java. It contains everything you need to use Katalon correctly with Dynamics 365. https://github.com/13rice/EasyRepro-Katalon

1 Like