How to toggle google device toolbar

I have tried sendkeys for Crtl+Shift+I but it did not do the trick. Any idea on how to toggle the device toolbar in Katalon?

Right now i did a workaround and tried webUI.setViewPortSize(404,1097)

Is that ‘technically’ the same? Is the only thing that the device toolbar does is set a different viewport size or does is set some device capabilities? I see in the Responsive dropdown several devices are listed.

I see that if i use the button ‘rotate’ it only changes the hight and with of the viewport so i would think not.

Anyone has a definite awnser?

Regular users don’t change their viewport settings (beyond the regular resizing of a desktop browser). Writing a singular test that incorporates viewport changes is probably not a good idea, IMO.

Technically, no. Effectively, sort of - especially if you’re only concerned with testing responsive behavior of CSS driven layouts.[1]

For a deeper understanding…

There are some aspects of mobile devices that DevTools will never be able to simulate. For example, the architecture of mobile CPUs is very different than the architecture of laptop or desktop CPUs. When in doubt, your best bet is to actually run your page on a mobile device.
Simulate mobile devices with Device Mode - Chrome for Developers

[1] Personally, I never use mobile testing in Katalon. I do have a few tests that mimic mobile testing by controlling the viewport size in the browser. My philosophy here is to test the CSS and layout code, nothing else. By testing on multiple browsers on multiple platforms, I’d be testing browsers, not my AUT. Yes, this is a highly opinionated philosophy, but it’s served me well.

Thanks for your reply Russ_Thomas

I am currently using it to test functionality. I have tried to use Katalon for mobile testing but i was unable to solve even the slightest problem. Like clicking on a button… Not to mention the most basic of testcases took minutes.

However testing it in a browser works like a charm. I have already automated a lot of flows.

It’s not ideal. But i have no better alternative

@Tester_katalon,

Hope this work for you:

1 Like

Yes. That worked very well. Thanks duyluong :slight_smile: