How do I fetch the value of a disabled text box for no corresponding attribute available

I need to WB0000036509 from the above, the xpath do not show any attribute holding this value. Please help…

hi,

this should work if object is readOnly true

//set object value as readOnly false

def y = WebUI.executeJavaScript(“return document.getElementsByClassName(‘form-control’)[0].readOnly=false;”, null)

println ("DEBUG readOnly value y "+y)

you can use javascript to find out is object editable or not

def z = WebUI.executeJavaScript(“return document.getElementsByClassName(‘form-control’)[0].readOnly;”, null)

if (z){

println ("DEBUG object is NOT editable "+z)

}

else{

println ("DEBUG object is editable "+z) //z is false so object is editable

}

Not sure if it’ll work for your case but i had a similar issue where the get text keyword did not work.

I solved it by using the “Get Attribute” keyword an output the returned value in a variable

The attribute that you want to get is “value”

Thanks for your response Timo & Daniel…
But the value is a hidden one due to ng-model implementation on Angular.

If I use, Value to fetch this…it returns null.

I believe we need to write javascript to return the actual value - WB0000036509 but I do not know how to do it. Any help is appreciated.

can you check what the return value is if you try this js code line in your browser console:

document.getElementById(“selComnId”).value

if you get the text then it should be possible to get the value via the get attribute keyword

Hi,

is there any DOM value for this object? if yes you can try to set this object readOnly= false
def y = WebUI.executeJavaScript(“return document.getElementsByClassName(‘form-control’)[0].readOnly=false;”, null)
println ("DEBUG readOnly value y "+y)

//TODO is it editable or not
def z = WebUI.executeJavaScript(“return document.getElementsByClassName(‘form-control’)[0].readOnly;”, null)
if (z){
println ("DEBUG object is NOT editable "+z)
}
else{
println ("DEBUG object is editable "+z)
}